S10+ poor signal
Android36
Enthusiast - Level 2

So we signed up for Verizon and got 2 s10+ phones.  Both have fluctuating data speeds and connectivity, while we have 3-4 bars out of 5.

My company uses Verizon as well funny thing is the company phones work fine.

This truly leaves me to believe there is a software issue with this phone.

Kinda wondered if anyone else has run into this?  They are sending me a network extender but my work s8 works fine no issues at all.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S10+ poor signal
bearone21
Legend

what speeds are you getting & how are you testing?

fwiw:

the verizon network will provide 5-12mbps at best & canbe much slower.

Tsoileau
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue. Poor signal is continuous, and Verizon wants me to pay a restocking fee to return the s10 that drops calls and barely can open an internet webpage. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to have a properly working phone with a great signal from us. We are here to help you, Tsoileau.

What is the signal type and strength that your phone is getting from our towers on your phone? Are you having any issues with calls, text or data? 

Please keep in mind that anytime you want to return or exchange your phone for a different model phone, then there would be that cost. However, if the phone is defective, there is no cost to exchange it for the same model phone with the first 14 days of purchase. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
CJH562

I have the same problem at home. Both our S8+ phones worked great at home but both our S10+ phones we literally cant talk on at all. WiFi calling only works if we go into airplane mode and turn on wifi. Otherwise its useless. Its a serious problem that we will eat $2,000 for because Samsung nor Verizon will be able to fix it except hours of time wasted with "tech support" and Samsung... HA. Very disapointed in the whole thing. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your device is working correctly at all times. Could you tell us why do you have to put your phone in airplane mode for Wi-Fi Calling to work? When did this issue start? Does this happen in different locations?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
Bshipaila

Issues, mine are so horrible, Verizon doesn't want to address the issues, the said they well release me as a customer no charge..free and clear!!

My 10+ downloads great on Wi-Fi, just not on 4G our 3G we get here. Pathetic excuse of a cell phone business

0 Likes
dlogue29
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Galaxy s10+ since June 2019.  I have been on the Verizon network for 10+ years and lived/worked in same location for all of those years.  My Galaxy Note 8 had perfect reception in my home and in my office.  I dropped my Note 8 and had to get a new phone.  I chose the Galaxy s10+. I have had nothing but problems. Missed calls that don't show up in my calls listing but randomly show up as voice mails days later. Missed text messages. I have been online Samsung support and followed all tasks for their technical solutions. I have been on the phone with Samsung suppor and followed all of their technical solutions. Verizon put in a new sim card. Nothing changed. The Samsung service center wiped the phone and reset it and nothing changed. Verizon ordered me a replacement phone. Nothing changed. The problem is with the phone itself. It is not the network or that I am in a poor reception area. I have 19 more payments on a phone that doesn't work. I use my phone for work and the missed calls have caused many problems. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with service on your Samsung Galaxy S10+, dlogue29. We want the best for you and we're happy to help get to the bottom of this. I know you mentioned that you don't believe that the area is to blame but we would still need to check this out. What's the nearest cross streets and zip code of your current location? Do you know if other nearby Verizon Wireless customers are having any similar issues?

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
dlogue29
Enthusiast - Level 1

My office address cross streets are Executive Drive and Judicial Drive San Diego, CA 92121

My home address cross streets are Aviary Drive and Willlow Creek 92131

My kids have iPhones at our home address and have no issues. 

Several coworkers have cell phones in my office and have no issues. 

I had no issues with samsung note 8. Issues started with S10. 

0 Likes