S10e Contacts shortcut help
joelashley
Enthusiast - Level 2

When our S10e’s were new I could place a quick-link photo of a person in my Contacts on one of my Home pages, and I did so with about 20 contacts.  Recently I tried to do that with a new contact and couldn’t figure out how.  I thought there used to be an option for putting a contact shortcut on a “desktop” home page listed among the contact editing functions, but now I can’t find such an option.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S10e Contacts shortcut help
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Long-press an empty space on a home screen

Tap Widgets

Press and hold the Contacts widget that you want and drag it to where you want it on the home screen

Once you let go, you should be able to choose which contact you want to associate with the widget

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Long-press an empty space on a home screen

Tap Widgets

Press and hold the Contacts widget that you want and drag it to where you want it on the home screen

Once you let go, you should be able to choose which contact you want to associate with the widget

joelashley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, that worked.  Except when I add/change a photo of the person by editing in Contacts, the photo appears there but not on their shortcut widget on my Home page.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you add/change a contact's photo, you'll need to remove the contact widget (touch and hold the widget, then tap remove from home) from your home screen and then add it back.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad to hear that worked! I recommend trying the step provided by, tikibar1. Please let us know if this step resolves the issue. 

-Marshall

0 Likes