Re: S10e Verizon sofware update apps not connecting
jeffwman

@vzw_customer_support  Maybe you didn't read the previous comments.  I already did what you suggested.  Plus I stated I have an open ticket with a Unifi / Ubiquiti engineer and they have found no issues.

It's NOT the app.  It works when connected to Wi-Fi, same phone and same app, but not when connected to the Verizon 4G network on Galaxy S10s.   Please escalate.

Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure we provide you with the correct information, you mentioned that this application works using the mobile network on your wife's phone. We do not support third party applications we will recommend contacting the app developer again to review alternate options.

PamD_VZW

0 Likes
andy55

The app worked on the Verizon mobile cell network before they pushed a upgrade to the Samsung S10e phone. It does not now.  I have two apps that this happened to. They still both work via wifi connection. The issue is with the Verizon software update.

0 Likes
jeffwman

Yes, this app works on her Galaxy S9 and I tested on an iPhone 8 too.  But it does not work on the Galaxy S10.  It is not the APP.  Notice both of use who are asking for assistance are using S10s.  Also,

I noticed that my VPN no longer works on the Verizon network since changing to the S10+.  If I connect via WIFI it works as expected and normally the only time I would use my VPN client app.   So, whatever is blocking my VPN is probably blocking my "third party" UniFi app.   Again, I'm not asking for assistance for a "third party" app.  I'm asking for assistance for a Verizon network / Galaxy S10 issue.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand this is important for you, andy55. We can certainly look into this further to see what is causing this problem. Please confirm that data for the app is enabled using the steps listed on this link. http://spr.ly/660219ngY Also, please reset the device settings and then test the applications. http://spr.ly/660319ngl Keep us posted on your progress.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
jeffwman

Confirmed that data is enable for both apps that will not connect.  Tested and both apps failed to connect.   Tried the second suggestion by resetting system settings.   Tested and same result, both apps failed to connect.  

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying the steps we provided previously. As a last resort, we'd recommend a factory reset. Please know this will remove any personal information from the phone. here's a link to help you walk through the factory reset when you're ready. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-222932/

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
jeffwman

I appreciate the initiative and information given in attempt to resolve this issue.  Factory resetting my phone is not an option due to the time and headache required to re-setup the phone.  The phone is new - bought in December.  Andy55 states his S10 worked prior to an update (not sure of which update).  So, I think if I factory reset my phone it would be for naught. 

Is there a way to view logs on the phone to see what is blocking?

Thanks

0 Likes
jeffwman

Also, Andy55 and I both stated these apps work on the same phone over wifi.  To me, this appears to be a security change/setting active on S10s when on the Verizon 4G network that blocks a port and/or protocol.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming, jeffwman. We understand your concern for a factory reset, but the setup is usually quick if you have your information backed up. Do you use a Cloud service?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes