Re: mobile Re: S20+5G no internet connection and bad call reception
mkargol
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree its a phone issue, hopefully there is a software update that will fix this.  My phone calls have become much less reliable as well as any kind of mobile data use.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mkargol, we always strive to keep you connected. Does powering your device off and on, have any affect? Or have you attempted to reset your network settings when this occurs?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
mkargol
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes resetting the network by toggling airplane mode off and on or restarting the phone does help temporarily but inconsistently.  This issue happens very frequently as in multiple times an hour when in these areas.  Is there a way to turn 5g off on these phones and only work off of the 4G lte network as it seems to be directly related to the phone connecting to the 5g network.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Do not worry, we can troubleshoot & pinpoint the issue. Can you reach back out to us when you are in the trouble location and have 10-15 minutes to work together?

0 Likes
mkargol
Enthusiast - Level 2

Possibly, the problem is the voice seems to drop as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear that you are having issues with your signal. This is definitely not the experience that we want for you to have, and we will be happy to look into this for you. What is the ZIP code where you are experiencing these issues? Have you tried to restart your device to see if the issue persists? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Bighaus

I have this exact same problem anytime i go to work in 37130 area.  Very frustrating , i am considering leaving verizon after 25 yrs.  Today i sat on hold for tech support for 40 min and finally got upset and hung up. Then i get text saying i failed to utilize the automated system. Not cool

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is quite strange. We would be happy to troubleshoot your service concerns with you. How long have you been having issues in this area? 

VZW_RobertH

0 Likes
Re: S20+5G no internet connection and bad call reception
jefflos

I have the Note 20 Ultra 5G and have same issues in San Diego East County La Mesa CA area. Only have trouble with internet and not on wifi. If I am home everything works fine, If I lave my wifi, I can only get calls and texts. Can not go on internet or apps that require data which is pretty much all of them.......91942 zip

0 Likes
Re: S20+5G no internet connection and bad call reception
Guliziaguy2

I am having the same issues in the same zip code. This leads me to believe there is a Verizon 5G tower failure in our area, it seems Verizon 5G is pretty terrible in the San Diego area. T-mobile is looking far more attractive to this 12 year verizon customer....

0 Likes