Re: mobile Re: S20+5G no internet connection and bad call reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the additional information. Is your device up to date? Are you able to make calls and send messages? 

0 Likes
Re: mobile S20+5G no internet connection and bad call reception
MorbidFun
Enthusiast - Level 2

As my message indicates, when the 5G symbol is there, no internet connection 90 percent of the time. Happens in any area I travel to in Pierce County (Tacoma, Puyallup, Lakewood, etc) 

MorbidFun
Enthusiast - Level 2

As indicated, if the 5G symbol is present, I can not send or receive messages, but I can place calls. 

Once the 4G symbol is back, messages will work. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for mentioning the trouble with your service, PuyallupGuy. We can certainly help, so please send us a Private Message. 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, MorbidFun. Are you using the standard messaging app that came preinstalled on your S20+5G? If so, can you switch to the messaging+ application and test the issue for us? 

0 Likes
MorbidFun
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi. 

Again, the underlying issue is no internet connection on 5G 90 percent of the time. When this occurs, I can not use the browser, messaging, etc. 

It starts with that issue, not whether I use Messaging + or another app.

What causes the S20+ to not establish internet connectivity on the 5G symbol, but 4G works great?

This issue is out there, as evidenced by the other responses. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Everything we do on our phones relies on solid and stable internet connection, MorbidFun. We would like very much to help you when it comes to data connection on that device. Since we have reached a point where we need to involve account access, we have sent you a Private Note to continue.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
mkargol
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly the same issues I am having with my S20+ 5G

mkargol
Enthusiast - Level 2

This exact issue started on my S20+ 5g this fall.  I live south of Ames Iowa and when I would drive in to Ames for work the 5g would pop up and all my connectivity would become extremely slow or non-existent, including voice/phone.  

0 Likes
MorbidFun
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi VZW and other viewers.

I have concluded this is a S20+ 5G phone issue.

The IPhone 12 Pro Max on my account and a friend's 5G phone do no exhibit the same behavior.

I spoke to a few people locally with the S20+ and all three of them report the same issues. Combine that with this message thread and I firmly believe the phone, or its firmware, is at fault.