Re: S20+5G no internet connection and bad call reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to provide you with excellent service. Please send us a Private Note.*Cecile

0 Likes
Re: mobile Re: S20+5G no internet connection and bad call reception
Neonguy27
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the se exact issue.  As soon as 5g is available nothing works.  Home wifi or 4g is the only way for my phone to do anything online.

0 Likes
twillson3802
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems that a lot of people are having problems with the same exact phone, as I am also! I can't complete a telephone conversation without the call dropping 3 or 4 times! I just switched to Verizon from Straight Talk (AT&T) and thinking this was a huge mistake.  As many people have stated, I have to log into my wifi on 4G because 5G I can't get anything to load.  

I am at my wits end right now! Called verizon and like most, waited for a Rep to answer about 45 mins.  They updated the towers for me and went through some trouble shooting methods just to realize this was a waste of time because it does the same thing!

I guess I should go back to my inexpensive phone and get back on Straightalk!  Had no problems with that set up!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing that you are having service issues concerns us, because we do not want any customer to have a negative experience on our network.  Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can discuss?

*Lisa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No one likes their calls being dropped in a middle of a conversation. I would love to help to see what is going on. I will send you a private message. -Amber

0 Likes
Neonguy27
Enthusiast - Level 1

From my experiences it's due to the 5g tower being used.  Certain parts of my city it's works flawlessly, other areas different towers I have to switch to 4g.  I know this isn't a solution but something Verizon needs to fix.

0 Likes
joneffingvo

iphone 12 pro max + 5G = no internet connection either. No matter what i do if it's on 5G i get no data whatsoever. So infuriating this all happened since 5G was rolled out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

joneffingvo, making sure you have the services you need is important. Allow us the opportunity to investigate this matter. What happens when you try to use your services (calls, text, data)? Can you please confirm that your device has the latest Software Update?  May we have your nearest intersection, City, and zip code, so we can accurately pinpoint your location?   -Sylvia

0 Likes
db4z

I'm having the same issue with my Z fold 3. No internet on 5g, but toggling airplane mode will sometimes force it to connect to 4g and then everything works fine. My previous 4g phones worked great so I don't even want 5g if it less reliable and I don't need the higher speed when it occasionally works. Therefore, can I just disable 5g on my account or downgrade to a 4g plan? I really need stable internet for work. 

0 Likes
SSteveTX

I have the exact same issue as others have reported with S20+. When the 5G symbol is active I can't receive data, OUTDOORS in an open space.

ZIP: 78628, also 78681

I didn't have this problem with my previous droid X phone; never!

Is there a way to deactivate 5G? Please advise.

0 Likes