S20 FE Wifi issues
kwitty

I got a new S20 Fe a few months ago. It was working fine, then around Christmas, I kept getting kicked off my home wifi. I called tech support 3 times. Last time I did a factory reset. Then they sent me a new phone. I called my internet provider and they said my signal is very strong. (which I believe is to be true because none of my other devices have issues. 

Now this new phone is having the same issues. And i am going thru data like crazy. I feel like maybe this line of phones is just bad? I dont know what to do because its brand new and i have exhausted tech support. HELP

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S20 FE Wifi issues
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

Did you get a new device around Christmastime that is also using your wifi?  Maybe that device is somehow interfering with your S20 FE's wifi signal?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@kwitty, I know that high usage can be a red flag for me too, so I definitely want to get you the answers you have been looking for regarding the Wi-Fi function. Seeing that this is the second phone that is doing the same thing, let's make sure we get to the root problem this time around. Have you tested other Wi-Fi/Mobile Hotspot sources to confirm that you can stay connected? In many cases, it is that after the Factory Data Reset that the same apps are downloaded back in which maybe corrupting your Wi-Fi signal if it is an app or file that is causing that same issue to occur. To test this out, please place your phone in Safe Mode and test out the Wi-Fi connection. All third party apps will be paused: http://spr.ly/6609Hj9PL

0 Likes
kwitty

how do i test out the wifi after i put it in safe mode?

0 Likes
kwitty

because in safe mode, i wasnt getting a good connection either

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kwitty, you can test out the Wi-Fi by seeing if you are being kicked off of it while connected in Safe Mode. Are you noticing the issue occur in certain apps or no matter what you are doing on the device? 

0 Likes
kwitty

no matter what i do, it drops a connection. i talked to a tech lead, he says i have to keep going thru the motions with tech support as I did with my first phone in order to get yet another phone. they wont let me trade in for a different type of device either. very frustrated. i am now over data usage

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand needing to have your phone working properly, and the additional cellular data usage is concerning. To help look into the issue further, please send us a Private Message. 

0 Likes