S20 One UI 3.0 Update Bug
marcus41
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently updated my Verizon S20 to Android 11 and noticed that the blue light filter feature turns on automatically as if it's scheduled to do so at sunset. I've toggled it on and off, and restarted the phone several times however the blue light filter remains on. I've manually changed the time on the phone and noticed that the blue light filter will turn off when set to daytime hours. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've done a factory reset but the problem persists. I'm certain that blue filter is off, but come sunset it turns on automatically and I'm unable to turn it off until sunrise when it turns off .

Labels (1)
Re: S20 One UI 3.0 Update Bug
yyhk123
Enthusiast - Level 2

have you ever set blue light filter before? before update or after the update?

0 Likes
marcus41
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marcus41,

Being able to turn off a feature you don't want is always a big deal. We're glad to help find the best solution for you. If you look in your settings, does the setting for this look like it is off? Or will it just not change even if you click on it? What time does it change for you?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
marcus41
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Yes, I can confirm that the Blue Light Filter is set to off and it is also not scheduled to turn on. Pressing the button on or off does nothing. It turns on automatically at sunset my time and turns off also automatically at sunrise. Prior to the update this feature worked in every case of usage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marcus41,

Thank you so much for confirming. That's certainly not what we want. I want to get this lifted up to our software team but I'll need a few details best not shared in public. I've sent you a private message. Please reply when you can. Thanks. 

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
vanornum

In addition to that the "hide front facing camera" feature is broken with the Android 11 update. The "3 dots" in Full Screen Apps is missing to access Advanced Settings to disable the feature.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vanomum, I see we are waiting for you to reply to our private message sent here in this forum. Are you able to do that?

0 Likes
DisassemblyEdits
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you able to use the Advanced Messaging feature with the new update? I have the Note 20 Ultra and the new update to OneUI 3.0 Android 11 went seamlessly aside from getting an error that there was an issue updating me to Advanced Messaging that may be caused by a feature that blocks messaging for my phone number and that I could continue to use the basic messages format in the meantime. Called Verizon and troubleshoot to no avail. Wondering if they just aren't supporting the Advanced Messages feature yet since the update is so new or if I need to restore to factory and try again. So far Verizon couldn't give me any clear answers. I don't want to factory reset unless I know for a fact that it's supposed to be working.

0 Likes