S20 (Verizon) & Note 20 (T-Mobile) - Major Issues Texting
phlyx

I have an S20 on Verizon and my better half has a Note 20 on T-Mobile.  We both text with multiple people and often in family group messages with both of us.  Everything works good and in family group messages everything works good, but when she and I text each other alone we have many, many issues.  She doesn't connect wifi anywhere while I connect to our home wifi and work wifi.  She uses the stock text app and I use Messages by Google.

Often when I text her, she receives it but then when she replies it never goes through.  It's not in my spam or blocked.  Just not there and according to her phone, never received.  But not all the time, just sometimes.  But her messages in a group text come through perfectly every time.

And when she takes a picture and sends it to me, I just get a message to "click here and download" and it takes a while to download, the pictures are full size.  But if she sends pictures in group text, they open quick in the text message.

Sometimes I try to send her a text and get the message "not sent, click to retry" and then I can switch from SMS to MMS (I think) and sometimes it sends.  Sometimes I have to get off wifi to send.  But only to her.  I text a lot for work and with friends and don't have any issues except to her. 

Have searched around and no clue as to why this happens as we both text with many people and only when we text between each other than we get this mess.

Any help or suggestions (aside from telling her to get off T-Mobile) would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S20 (Verizon) & Note 20 (T-Mobile) - Major Issues Texting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

phlyx, thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we are here for your support. Making sure you are both able to send/receive text amongst each other is important. Let's review. Have you ever been able to send/receive text messages amongst each other? If so, when did this concern start? Are you able to make/receive calls to each other when Wi-Fi is off? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
phlyx

Often we can but many times we cannot.  She never connects to Wifi anywhere, I do at work and at home.  I cleared out over 11K messages between she and I on my phone thinking that my phone was struggling with the data.  We were both at home, me on Wifi and she is not.  The test messages we sent back and forth seemed to work so thought that was it..... until today.

I am back at work connected to my work Wifi.  I sent her a text message earlier and it sent fine.  Then I sent her another one a half an hour later and it just said sending....  So I disconnected the Wifi and when I went back into my texts I clicked on "click here to retry".  When I clicked on that I got a message that said:

... Waiting to connect...
SMS - Switch to text (SMS/MMS)
Stop sending and delete

I clicked on Switch to text (SMS/MMS) and it sent instantly.  Really REALLY flaky and frustrating as she is the ONLY ONE I have issues sending and receiving messages with yet she is the main person I am texting with.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Phylx, thank you for contacting us. I know it's vital to be able the people you want. Have you tried restarting your phone? How many bars do you have for your signal strength?

*Debbie

0 Likes
phlyx

The majority of times it happens I am on Wifi either at work or at home and I have to get off Wifi and use mobile data in order for it to send.  but it is only to and from her.  I do not have that issue texting with anyone else.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Phlyx, have you tried using another text messaging app on your phone? You may want to test another to help determine if it's only happening with the Messages by Google. 

-Alex

0 Likes
phlyx

I had.  I have 3 texting/messaging apps on my phone and I have tried them all.  A little different message but basically the same issue with all but only in messages to her.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us on Social Media! I regret knowing you're having issues with your messages. Let's see what we can do to rectify this. Have you done a Software Update and are all your Apps up to date?

*Angela

0 Likes
phlyx

Yes, everything up to date, have automatic updates on for my apps.  This issue just happened again yesterday.  I sent a text message from work while connected to my work Wifi and it went thru fine to her.  She replied and I never got it.  In the afternoon I texted her again and it just sat there saying "Sending....".  I got off Wifi and changed to SMS (I think) and it went.  I didn't get any answer so I emailed her.  She just got my second message and had replied to it but I never got that.  Then about 20 minutes later I got her text replies.  I text with dozens of others and never have this issue, she texts with several others and has no issues, it's only when we text each other there's issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Thank you for clarifying what's been going on. I'd love to see what could be the issue, and I'll go through some troubleshooting. How does that sound?

*Angela

0 Likes