S20 group text stuck
RM01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone gets into bad state and cannot send or download group texts. This has been happening since we purchased the phone and also happens to my wife's.  Takes up to 1-8 hours to resolve itself.  Have tried numerous suggestions and nothing works.   This happens on a daily basis.   Seems to be a common problem that no has posted a solution. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S20 group text stuck
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RM01, are you using Verizon Messages, the standard SMS service on your phone or another third party service? Have you attempted to clear the cache on your texting app? *Joshua

0 Likes
RM01
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue happens with any messaging app you use.  I have cleares cache, done a factory reset, deleted all my messages, installed 3 different messaging apps with same result.  This has been going on for over a year.  

0 Likes
Nicoledianethomson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had 3 Samsung phones and this happens on all of them. I have spent hours on the phone with Verizon and the answer I end up getting is that this is what happens if you are group texting from an android with iPhone. But then I have heard from people with iPhones that they are told it is a Verizon issue. Verizon support always posts as if this is a new issue. It is not. It is a known issue that has been going on for years. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always strive to keep you conencted. Does this only happen when an iPhone is involved in the group message? If messaging with all Android devices this isn't an issue, correct?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
RM01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Idk what phones my friends are using but assume some have apple products.

0 Likes
RM01
Enthusiast - Level 2

The network team reported that everything is fine.  So what are the next steps? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that info and we can see that you're familiar with Smartphones. We'd certainly like to continue troubleshooting with you to get this matter resolved. We appreciate your time and patience too.

As our valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns and we’re here to assist you in any way we can. Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

-Robert C.

0 Likes