S21+ 5G
alrandall67
Enthusiast - Level 3

Biggest mistake of my life.  Over the past month or so I am dropping calls, not getting calls, can't send or receive texts.  Cannot send MMS at all. Internet connectivity is shoddy at best.  I keep getting not connected to network and have to restart my phone multiple times a day.  I went to a Verizon store and was told we are only salespeople and cannot help me. However he did say its because its a 5G phone and I am not in a 5G area. That there is nothing that can be done and call the 800 number. I would have kept my S9 if I knew I was going to end up with a $1000 paper weight.

Labels (1)
Re: S21+ 5G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alrandall67, we are terribly sorry to hear about your experience. Making sure you have the services you need is important. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate this matter. May we have your nearest intersection, City, and zip code, so we can accurately pinpoint your location? Also, do you know if others in your area are having the same experience?   -Sylvia

0 Likes
alrandall67
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lewis Street and Dogwood Lane.  Toccoa GA 30577

My husband, brother and mother have S10s. My neighbors have iPhones. They have no problems. My neighbor that has a S21 Ultra and a S20 are having the same issues.

dtrager10
Enthusiast - Level 1

I couldn't agree more. This phone is junk. I got mine a few months ago and I don't know what to do. It's awful. I have no service in most places and very little in others. I have never seen more than 3 bars on this phone. I got my wife the S21 Ultra a few weeks after I got mine and it's the same thing. We don't have service at our house anymore. I feel like a fool for buying another one. Does anyone know what we can do? Do we just trade it in? I owe over $2000 on two useless devices?? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd be discontent too if my service with my new devices was not as widespread as it once was. Are indoor solutions such as a Network Extender or Wi-Fi calling being used when at home?

-David

alrandall67
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think I made 2 maybe 3 payments on mine.  I've had a Galaxy since the first one came out.  I've never had any other phone. This was absolutely the biggest mistake I could have ever made.  And like you unless I can pay it off I am stuck with it. 

0 Likes
alrandall67
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone not working when I am home is one thing.  My phone not working when I am out and about is a totally different situation. But I will answer your question anyway.  It doesn't matter if I try to use WiFi calling or not.  The phone barely works.  I am sure you would also agree that I kinda want to use this phone for a little more than making phone calls.  So trying to rectify the making a phone call situation isn't going to cut it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot! A new technology should not be a downgrade and we want to get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note and we can take a closer look at the network records to find the best solution! -Yale

0 Likes
alrandall67
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are absolutely correct.  Unfortunately this phone is definitely a downgrade. After an hour and 22 minutes being on the phone with technical support I am no closer to being able to use this phone except make phone calls occasionally because it doesn't work all the time, send very basic text messages, and go online when it feels like connecting.  I was put on hold only to be disconnected and then passed around to people who wanted to start all over again. I'm sorry but this whole situation is totally unacceptable.  I already forgave the fact that because of a customer service error I did not get the promotional pricing for this phone.  Thats one thing but not being able to properly use the phone is another.  

0 Likes
Fibraplex
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am here because Wi-Fi calling doesn't seem to work on this piece of junk $1000 phone. I got both my husband and I one of these to upgrade. That's $2000 worth of phones THAT DO NOT WORK AT MY HOME.

We have no cell signal at our rural home but used wifi calling with our other phones no problem. Now, the phone doesn't ring, we cannot call out choppy if you even get a connection and no one can hear a thing you are saying.
We use these phones for our business and this is unacceptable.

I have a 1 Gig fiber connection and a screaming top of the line router that books high 500s speeds. There is ZERO REASON we should not be able to maintain a wifi call!!!!

What the heck??? Airplane mode on and off doesn't fix it.

Even our SMS doesn't work. Messages keep popping up for "SMS over wifi" over and over again.

Can I trade these junk phones in?