S22 Remove Apps from Home Screen
HowardInPA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi 

I upgraded from an S10 to S22 today.

On the S10 when I wanted to remove an app from a home screen, but not uninstall it, I simply long-pressed on the app, then an option showed up to uninstall, or remove from home screen.

On the S22 when I long-press an app, the only options shown are to Uninstall, or Select (which then lets me select more apps for some reason).

During the setup process, there was one option that it asked me about putting apps on the home screen, or something else, and I'm thinking I chose the wrong option....   I also remember on the S10 there was some other way to display all the apps that were NOT on the home screen, and add them.  or I could drag them to a screen, or something like that.

Help is appreciated!  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S22 Remove Apps from Home Screen
HowardInPA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oops never mind, I figured this out but can't delete this post!

Anyway if anyone else has this problem it's

Settings

Home Screen

Home and App screens

I had chosen Home Screen Only at initial setup.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new Samsung Galaxy S22. Being able to customize your home screen and move apps should be a seamless task. When pressing the app, I understand the option to Uninstall appears. However, can you move the app with your fingers while viewing the options? -Rita K.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad that you were able to adjust the apps to your Home screen. Thanks for providing the helpful suggestion. As for deleting posts from this forum, there is not an option to select Delete but if you choose the option to mark the content as inappropriate some users have done this to remove messages. We hope everything goes smoothly with your new Samsung purchase. If you haven't already protected your device, please check out Verizon Mobile Protect to explore quick repair and insurance replacement benefits: https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-mobile-protect-faqs/. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless. -Rita K.

0 Likes