S22 Ultra, Not Receiving Text Messages
ChrystalT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having to reset my phone multiple times a day in order to receive text messages. Then they all come flooding through. I have tried both messaging apps, I have cleared the Cache, nothing is working permanently. 

Labels (1)
Re: S22 Ultra, Not Receiving Text Messages
jpayne80
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope you get an answer as I am in the same boat. I had zero issues until the most recent update. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChrystalT, we always want to ensure your devices and services are working as they should be. May we ask how long this has been occurring? What messaging apps have you tried and had this issue with? 

-Christine

0 Likes
Funkworkz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here, Galaxy S22 Ultra. Sending messages works, but I can not receive any until i restart my phone. I had a lot flood in last Thursday 9/8 at 7:30AM central without restarting. Now I did not receive any from yesterday, Thursday 9/15 until I just restarted.

Receiving also does not work from generic 5 digit numbers, like my credit card/bank notifications. It is not a particular carrier affected. I am using the Google Messages app (default app from Verizon with S22 Ultra).

Phone is updated to latest version, and messages app updated to latest version.

DRUNKWHEEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

IF YOU USE FACEBOOK MESSENGER YOU CAN SET IT AS YOUR DEFAULT SMS AND YOU WILL GET YOUR TEXT MESSAGES CORRECTLY.  THIS IS A WORK AROUND UNTIL YOU GET AN UPDATE WITH AN ACTUAL FIX.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jpayne80,

I depend on my messages every day and would be concerned too if I were having any problems. So we can help, what exactly has been going on?

-Christopher

0 Likes
DRUNKWHEEL
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Newmoon602
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I am having the same issue. No matter what I do to the battery settings or setting apps to do not sleep, Google messages text messages get delayed until I soft power off and on my phone. Sometimes it will just be sitting there untouched and will get 10 notifications for texts all at once. Just now my husband text me and I haven't gotten it yet. I'm going to try to use Samsung default messages to see but shouldn't have to do that. I'll have him reply here with a full list of settings so we can start looking at them all.

rach98n
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue after recent software update.  Friends are having same issue.  HUGE problem Verizon!

SHERHO80
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having this issue as well.  Started yesterday when I stopped receiving texts from iphones.  Now today I can't receive any at all.  I can send them fine.  Tried resetting phone, clearing cache etc.