Re: S22 Ultra, Not Receiving Text Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WCorde00,

What text message app are you using? What is the full version number of the current software update installed on your device? 

-Christopher

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! Dealing with tech issues can be a headache, especially if you are not able to receive text messages. We are here to help. We sent you a Private Note.  ~Gilbert

0 Likes
Charliedarwin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem on my S21 ultra.  Having to restart multiple times a day.  Happens with Verizon messaging AND samsung messenger.  Spent a long time troubleshooting with tech support yesterday and still not fixed!! Something in the last update.  How many people have to complain about having the same problem before Verizon actually addresses it??? Is it that they don't care or they think it's just a coincidence that this many people are complaining about the same thing within a short time span.  Been a loyal customer for over 20 years but I don't feel very appreciated right now.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's turn this around.  A private message is being sent to assist further.

-Sean

0 Likes
bethchristensen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem and it seems to be getting worse.

bethchristensen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did verizon give you any helpful suggestions?

0 Likes
WCorde00
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using the one that came standard with the s22 ultra just called Messages with the blue icon having a point on the top left pointing left. 

Software version/update is S908USQS2AVHH that was applied September 15th, 2022 at 3:25am. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear you are having issues with your text messages, erin0818. We want to help you look into this further. We sent you a Private Note so we can continue working together.

-Jason

0 Likes
MJhnsn143
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem with my S21 Ultra.  It started with the most recent update.  I did discover that if I removed my sim card then reinstalled it, all the missing text messages came through (32 of them).  But I stopped getting them again a day later.  Did the sim card process again and bam!  Here they all come again.  This is is my work phone and completely unacceptable!  Simply ridiculous! 

l2k
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem on my S22 ultra. Guessing a bad update somewhere since we're all having issues.  Only update I recall was Samsung's monthly security update.  

0 Likes