S3 and KitKat
gusgutz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Per Verizon phone support and the supervisor I talked to, If the KitKat update breaks the functionality of your phone, if you want that functionality back you have to pay for a new device if your device is out of warranty. I can no longer charge my phone in the car and GPS is intermittent. If I want that functionality back, I can buy a new phone since there will be no fix for the S3 and there is no current fix for these problems. They said that if you have not upgraded your phone yet you will have to and if that upgrade breaks the phone then pay for a new phone. It is that simple. Verizon if very careful at saying but that is the bottom line. I have it all documented.

0 Likes
Re: S3 and KitKat
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

Yeap. I'm not having the charger issue, but my GPS is toast since KK. That is why I am switching to ATT next month when my contract is up. ATT may have the same policy, but I have no other way to let Verizon know that I'm not happy other than leave.

I'll also never buy another Samsung device or anything running Android. If it was just my device, I might accept that. But it is hundreds, if not thousands of devices.

0 Likes
Re: S3 and KitKat
almightychris

Yeah my GPS has been damn near nonexistent since kitkat as well, worked perfectly fine all before it though. My phone is under warranty but it has a minor scuff on one of the corners of the frame so they wanted me to pay 99 bucks for a replacement.  I'm not into paying to fix an issue that came from Verizon and Samsung pushing out an update that wasn't properly tested.  I'm talking to my mom about switching carriers

0 Likes