S4 NOT UPDATING TO JELLY BEAN 4.3
sakeyes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I read somewhere today that the rollout of Jelly Bean 4.3 has been completed for the major carriers.  I'm not sure if this is accurate or not, but my S4 still has not received the update to 4.3.  Can I force the update somehow?  Is there something wrong with my phone that is making it not receive the update?

0 Likes
Re: S4 NOT UPDATING TO JELLY BEAN 4.3
sakeyes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also to note: when I talk to VZW customer support they say I have to wait for Samsung to push it to my phone, and when I talk to Samsung they say it's VZW's issue. 

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Go into your Settings, click on More, click on About Phone, click on Software Update.

Let us know the results.  If your phone needs the update it will be listed there and then you can install it.

sakeyes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do this 10-15 times a day.  I always get the message: Service Unavailable: Software update is temporarily unavailable.  Try again later.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

There was a lot of problems reported with this update for the S4 over the last couple of months so maybe VZW finally pulled it.  BTW what version of Android is your phone running now? I didn't update to 4.3 just because of all the problems that were encountered. Still using 4.2.2. and happy with it.

0 Likes
sakeyes
Enthusiast - Level 1

4.2.2 - My wife got the update and hasn't had any issues. I'm really looking forward to having blocking mode added to my list of features.

0 Likes