Re: S4 Not Charging After 4.3 Update - Charger works on other phones
Roesteve80

Nicholas, what if I get a new S4? What guarantee do I have that it won't be corrupted by the Android 4.3 Update like this one?

If I decide to just stay with my S3, will Verizon give me back what I paid for the S4 and the upgrade fee?

I am very frustrated and disappointed. I called Samsung as well. I must say that the rep sounded like he couldn't care less. Even insinuated I had damaged the phone somehow. At least all of you Verizon reps are friendly and respectful.

This problem is all over the internet, and I know Samsung pulled the 4.3 update. Is it fixed now, and if I get a new S4 can I be assured it won't be corrupted again?

Thank you

0 Likes
mrchubs

Same problem here. Car charger does not work since the 4.3 update. Help

0 Likes
saabdued

Hello Support Agent - I am totally stunned, but at this minute my phone is charging in my home using the white wire and white plug that came with my Samsung phone, without having to re-start the phone. Previously, using the black wire and the white plug that both came with my phone, the phone would not charge unless I re-started it. Puzzled but happy for the moment. But please keep this thread open for the time-being. I have not yet used the black plug with the black wire. The black plug can both be used with an outlet as well as in my car.

To make certain that all is okay, the next time I charge my phone, within the next couple of days, I will use the black plug and black wire either in my home with an outlet or in my car. If that works all will be okay. Still confused why the Samsung white wire will only work with the white plug and perhaps the black plug will only work with the black wire (yet to be determined), but if they all work that is all that is important to me.

Thank you very much for all your time and assistance to this point.

0 Likes
R8Parker

I used to be able turn off my phone while it is charging, but now it alternates between an image of the battery charging and another batter with a warning sign. The phone then vibrates as it switches between the two images. As a result the battery doesn't get a full charge even when it sits for 8 hours. If the phone is on it toggles between turning the screen off and on. I have had the phone less than 1 month and probably will return it for a different brand if I cannot find an immediate resolution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Saabdued,

You're welcome! I am so glad to hear that your device is charging with the white cord. Keep us posted with your results from the black cord.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be happy with your awesome new phone, R8Parker. Many customers have reported that by using the white plug and white USB cord, the charging issues have disappoeared. Are you using the original white plug and white USB cable that came with your phone? You also may have better results by using the Software Repair Assistant at http://vz.to/12hDWQu to correct the software on your phone.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Roesteve80

Hi, I have not heard back from any agent. If I get a new S4 (mine was corrupted after using car charger), can Verizon assure me a new one will not be corrupted again by Android 4.3 Update? If not, can I just go back to my good old S3 and get all my money back, including upgrade fee.

I appreciate your help. I have spent so much time on the phone with Verizon and Samsung. I just can't deal with it anymore.

Thanks

0 Likes
saabdued

Hello. Well, I thought I had the problem solved, and now I am wondering that perhaps what has worked so far were the exceptions rather than the rule, and that on further testing I may not get the same successful results each time.

The good news is that when I was up to the test of charging my phone in my car with the black car charger used in my cigarette lighter and the black wire, the phone charged properly. All that was left to test was using the fold out plug of the black car charger with the black wire in my home in an outlet. I tried that, and nothing! But as in the past, I had to re-start my phone, and sure enough the black charger made to be used either in ones' car or home worked and my phone charged in a home outlet.

So, if what had recently worked continues (which may or may not be the case as there is evidently a problem somewhere), using the white charger with the white wire in an outlet in my home will charge correctly. Also, when using the black charger (made to be used either in a car or with a fold-out plug in a home outlet) with the black wire in my car to charge my phone, that too worked fine.

However, it appears that at least as of now, when using the fold-out plug with the black car charger in an outlet in my home with the matching black wire, my phone has to be re-started before it will begin charging. Should I be satisfied with those results if things remain the same, or should I continue to seek a resolution to the entire problem and have all the Samsung products that came with my phone kit under a Verizon Plan work properly?

What do you think? I really desire to have everything working fine, as I have had enough problems in the past with devices to recognize that an apparently small problem as I may be experiencing now, could be indicative of a larger yet uncovered one down the road. Thanks again for your time. I hope to hear from you again shortly.   

0 Likes
jenifer125

Had my phone 3 months.  Updated to 4.3 last week.  Everything fine until my phone ran out of battery life completely and died.  Plugged in to charge but phone isn't charging.  I have always used the white cord and charger to charge my phone.  Other phones charge using the white charger but not the S4.  Tried plugging my phone into pc, nothing.  Took battery out and but right back in, nothing. Read previous logs to take battery out for approximately 10min.  Now the battery is displayed on the screen and LED light on. Excited!  I am now able to turn on my phone and it shows phone it charging.  Thanks to this discussion board my phone is working again!!

0 Likes
Roesteve80

I already saw this reply.

On Dec 16, 2013 10:38 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes