S4 Online Order Processing Time?
pdpplaque

Is there a back order for this phone? 

I put in an online order for this phone about 5 days ago (Oct. 19th) and verification on the order status just says it's still processing.  I called the online order department 2 days ago and they said it'll be a couple more days?  I really like to get some definitive estimates..... 

0 Likes
Re: S4 Online Order Processing Time?
pdpplaque

Well what do ya know.  Verizon decided to just cancel my order without any explanation......  called up their ole so helpful number and waited for nearly 30 minutes.  Guy on the other line sounded like he just woke up and he didn't even explain what the hell happened. 

Let's see if my second try works out......

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

why mess around with online ordering when you can pick one up at many local stores that sell VZW phones and plans?

0 Likes
pdpplaque

From what I see around the Verizon stores in my area in RI, they're charging $699.99 + tax for the 32GB phone while online it's only $649.99 + tax. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Klue, we don't mess around. We provide several options to purchase a new device. You can visit a store http://vz.to/3SdsA However, some folks choose to relax at home and order it online http://bit.ly/zpAY1E We just want you to have the options to fit your needs! We never stop working for you.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pdpplaque

Well you're partly right about not messing around.  In the end I went the way of the physical store location and lo and behold they were more than happy to match the price offered on the website. 

I think Verizon corporate and their operations need to work on their communication with each other.  The price they have at the store listed the 16GB phone as $699.99 while the 32GB phone is listed online as $649.99.  Doesn't quite make sense to me but whatever.  Cancelled my online order and working with the store reps on Bald Hill road in Warwick, RI ended up being way more helpful in getting the phone in my hands. 

If Verizon's intent was to keep their brick and mortar stores in business.  Congratulation!  You succeeded by making your online website store complete crap.  I wish you the best of luck in fixing Healthcare.gov. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy Wednesday pdpplaque,

I'm glad that you reached out to us about the pricing structure between the retail store and our online store. With your permission, I would love to share some insight on this topic. One of the main reason for pricing difference between the two avenues is to promote online shopping. This is done oftentimes by honoring mail in rebates as instant on My Verizon. There are also advantages for going to the retail store for purchases. One reason is the personalize assistance given by our reps to help setup and get acclimated with your new device. If you have any questions or concerns then fee free to reply to this message.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
pdpplaque

Point understood but alas my online shopping experience was less than stellar.  I'll share you my experience with hope that you may reach out to a developer on the online website if you care to read. 

I initially put in an order for an S4 with no contract.  Received an email confirmation and after 5 days no activity.  I called Customer Service who took nearly 10 minutes asking and looking up the preorder confirmation, order #, and location # until they found my order somehow and they told me it'll probably take a few more days to process.  Long and behold I get a cancellation with no explanation a few days later.  Called customer service again (40 minutes on hold) with no luck and whoever I talked to said he'll reinput the order in for me which he did not (maybe he went to sleep?).  I waited for a confirmation email but no such luck.  This time I chatted with some via the online support and confirmed no such order existed for me so he walked me through the same online purchase order I did before.  Got the same confirmation email but this time he confirmed my order came in screwed up (missing fields). 

I ended up having to call Customer Service again with this issue and this time they put me through to Tier 2 support and the less than nice woman told me that I somehow put in an order for Accessories instead of a New Device so it was missing information.  Somehow it was my fault?    Anyway she couldn't fix it for me and told me to wait a few more days to process with no guarantee that it will succeed or fail.  She pushed me towards going to a local store claiming the price was the same which they were not....  

Again whether or not Verizon cares to fix this issue, the pricing difference alone when a customer can't even put in their own order makes for a crappy online shopping experience so at least for me there is NO advantage to ordering online versus going to the store.     

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello pdpplaque,

We want your online experience to be a memorable and magical one. Based on your posting, clearly that was not the case. I want to take every effort to make this right and get you your device. May I ask have you received your S4 yet? If not then please advise so I can get the device expedited to you. If you did receive your device then please send me a private message with your full name and mobile number so I can have this process looked at internally.I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you…  

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
pdpplaque

Well I sure would like to send you a private message but the direct message doesn't seem to work unless we're either friends or if you happen to be following me.  

In the end the sales representative << Name removed per >>  at
location D2571 01 #647510 convinced me to get the 32 GB Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
The in store purchase was relatively pain free and I was able to have the
device in hand after leaving the store.

Hopefully you will find out what the deal was with the online order that I had
placed and correct it for future customers! It should not have been that
difficult!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes