BadDad71
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the tip. Have a feeling I'll be upgrading my phone before they

fix it.

0 Likes
Re: S4 not always sending text messages
JamieRI
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having this problem for 3 months, starting before the Kit Kat update.

0 Likes
chrislyncarol

sporatically failing to send after my Asurion "new" phone was sent to replace.  So I spent literally 14 hours now on the phone with Verizon and in their corporate store.. still an issue.  Asurion sent a replacement phone... two weeks into it the same problem.  What most often works is to restart it ... but I am not living with this. Either they will fix it or they will have to give me a NEW phone.... my first new phone worked fine. I am thinking it is a software issue with their reconditioned phones.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The first replacement was not new. It was a reconditioned used phone. As will be any device sent under warranty.

The problem you are having is the Kitty Kat update. Your initial brand new phone only had issues after the Samsung update.

Doubtful any second hand replacement will function after it receives the update. Sad but true.

Good Luck

0 Likes
laurelx7x

Thank you SO much.This appears to have fixed my problem. I had called verizon and they failed to make this suggestion and their suggestions did not work at all. I've had this problem for so long with my s4. Thanks again

Check this out: Go to settings and under WIRELESS & NETWORKS go to MORE... then Mobile networks then check out Network mode. Mime was set on Global and I was having the same problems you guys were having. I chanhed it to LTE/CDMA and now my texts send no problem. I dont know how it gets changed to global. Figure that one out let me know!

-Joe the Usher

0 Likes
HeyHank
Enthusiast - Level 3

Filed complaint with BBB after being told they could not replace my phone with a different model in spite of not having a software update to fix the issue. Yesterday I was callled by an agent from Verizon headquarters who said Verizon has now determined this to be a known issue and an update is in the works but they don't have an ETA on it yet. I was given the option of waiting for the update, or having my phone replaced. I mentioned the LG G2, or the Galaxy S5. Was told I could have the G2, but not the S5, so I decided to go that route. Hope this helps you guys.

0 Likes
AnotherUNhappycustom1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi im also experiencing the same problems with the same device which is the beloved (removed) s4 if you could contact me at (removed) maybe collective thoughts will prevail.

>>Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
HeyHank
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would call in to Verizon tech support and see if they will replace the phone for you now that they have acknowledged that there is a problem. Or if not maybe they have an estimated time that the update fix will be out. If that is too far away or they don't know, then if they refuse to replace the phone, file a complaint with the BBB like I did.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

FWIW, there are people with the LG G2 that were experiencing problems with MMS. They have installed a replacement app called Textra and that appears to be working for them. You might want to try it and see if it works for you too.

0 Likes
JamieRI
Enthusiast - Level 2

BTW: I have tried both Global and LTE/CDMA. It does not fix it long term. When changing network modes, or rebooting the phone, a single text will be delivered quickly. Then they get stuck and I can only receive texts.

I am evaluating something that may have helped me: A Samsung help desk rep asked me to Clear App Cache (Settings > More > Storage > Cached Data > Clear Cached Data = OK. This deletes temporary data for the applications rather like deleting cookies from a web site. You will have to login with any apps that require that). Verizon has also asked for this.

Have posters any luck with the following?

• Did clearing the cached data (instruction above) for all apps make outbound texts work better?
  • Does entering then returning from Airplane mode make texts go out?
  • Does moving to a different location make texts go out?
  • Does rebooting make texts go out?
0 Likes