S4 not connecting to 4G/no internet services and saying failed text messages but sending them..
AngryS4user
Enthusiast - Level 2

This started today.  I have a Samsung 4 (which I dislike to start with)  and it all of the sudden is not connecting to the 4G network so I can't use any internet or social media.  In addition to this, because that is not bad enough, when sending text messages I am getting that they failed or still sending and then failed, but they are actually sending.  Some of them are sending multiple times too.  I have contacted Verizon device support- shut off phone, turned back on, removed SIM card, waited, removed battery and SIM card, tried *228 and restarting, checked network settings, read forums, ..,etc.  Nothing is working and this is making me CRAZY.   It is draining my battery because it is continually trying to send messages, even after it says they have failed. 

Re: S4 not connecting to 4G/no internet services and saying failed text messages but sending them..
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AngryS4user,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your phone recently. As an S4 user myself, I know I would be upset if this was happening to me. What zip are you having this trouble in and what kind of signal strength if any are you getting? I would suggest running phone in safe mode and see if anything improves http://vz.to/174rolb. Please fill us in and keep us updated on this situation.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Re: S4 not connecting to 4G/no internet services and saying failed text messages but sending them..
AngryS4user
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply.  I placed my phone is safe mode and nothing improved,  It is still doing the same thing.  This issue only occurs when I am at work in the 6114 zip code around 106th and Burt in Omaha.  It shows I have 4 bars of signal but the 4G symbol only has the green up arrow and not the orange down arrow when this is happening.  Text messages are saying failed but in most cases do send, but no internet available. 

0 Likes
rebwie
Enthusiast - Level 2

same thing here

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your reply and for taking those troubleshooting steps! Is this only occuring indoors? How far do you have to travel before the performance improves? Can you confirm the zip code once again as only 4 digits were provided.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
AngryS4user
Enthusiast - Level 2

It occurs in my work building and also for about a block or so radius outside the building.  The zip code is 68114.  106th circle and Burt area.  It occurs frequently but not constantly. 

0 Likes
rebwie
Enthusiast - Level 2

happens anywhere but mostly from home ...zip is 44216

>Minor Edit<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
JZtheGreek

Exactly the same thing here. I get no internet connection at least 5 times a day and the same amount of times for no receiving/sending text messages. However, I noticed that this is definitely an issue that occurred after the last update. I had the S4 since May '12 until I installed the latest update where the problems started to rise. I called Verizon, - shut off phone, turned back on, removed SIM card, waited, removed battery and SIM card but nothing. They had replace my phone. Once I got my phone in December, I decided not to install the latest update until 2 nights ago because of the constant reminder that there is an update available which I got tired of seeing every 12 hours. Same problems and now I am frustrated because I called Verizon support just to hear its not there problem but that Samsung is liable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@rebwie,

Text messaging and data access is definitely important and I'm here to help make sure it's working properly for you.

I reviewed the area and show good coverage and no reported issues with data or text messaging. How long have you had this issue? What software version are you running? Are you using a 3rd party messaging app? Are you picking up only 3G or is it fluctuating between 3G and 4G?

Try removing the SIM card for a minute or two, insert and retest. Keep me posted if the issue persist.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Everything looks good in that zip code! Does anyone else experience similar issues? If you go into your settings, More Networks under the Connections tab, and Mobile Networks, what is Global Data Roaming Access set to? Ideally, we would like it to be set to connect to data services while roaming for all trips.

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes