S4 very hot
Beach327
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried everything on the discussions. My phone is not switching between wifi and 4g. My phone registers 105 C with temp probe. The charge will go from 70% to 5% in 30 minutes when it gets hot. I have to take the phone out of my pocket and cannot put the phone to my ear. The battery has been replaced twice. I do not know where to turn. I am ready for my plan to end and never see a Samsung phone again.

0 Likes
Re: S4 very hot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Beach327, you've turned to the right place. It sounds like you have a lot going on with your device. Is there any physical or liquid damage? Have you had it for more than 12 months? What kind of Samsung device do you have?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Hazel_Eyes_4_U
Contributor - Level 2

My phone was getting hot.  Have you tried calling Samsung itself? I sent my phone in to be fixed because it was after the 14 days.  So try calling them and I sent my phone to them to fix and they did.

0 Likes
S4 very hot
Beach327
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is in perfect physical shape. It has never been wet or dropped. It has always been in otterbox case. I purchased the Galaxy S4 on 5-16-14.

0 Likes
S4 very hot
Beach327
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has also replaced two batteries and it did not help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details Beach327!

When the battery was replaced before, was the issue resolved at all or temporarily? When did it start again? Is it any better in Safe Mode? http://vz.to/1cRRgmA Is there any corrosion or damage to the contacts between the battery and the phone itself?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes