S5 - Is anyone seeing a green light on the camera focus?
smith2251k

My S5 camera does not seem to focus well consistently.  The manual mentions a "green circle" that should appear but I have not seen it.  I'm disappointed in the quality of the pictures.  My Motorola Droid had a green focus indicator and took better pictures.

Is my phone not operating correctly?

0 Likes
Re: S5 - Is anyone seeing a green light on the camera focus?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smith2251k,

I know how important the quality of the pictures on our smartphones can be.  How long have you had the device and when did this start happening?  Any apparent water or condensation anywhere on the phone/camera? Please share some further details so we can locate the root cause. Thanks.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: S5 - Is anyone seeing a green light on the camera focus?
smith2251k

Trevor-

I bought two S5  SM-G9000V phones in October and neither one had a green circle from day one and I have trouble getting well-focused pictures consistently.  I checked other phones where I bought them and they did not have the circle either.  However, the instruction manual shows this feature.

I found the following posts on http://www.droid-life.com/2014/09/09/verizon-pushing-android-4-4-4-update-to-samsung-galaxy-s5/

randomhero11 • 3 months ago

4.4.4 has sped up my phone considerably. Fixed numerous bugs as well. The only quirk I have noticed is with the camera...The auto focus does not seem to activate as much as before. Also, the focus circle does not turn green (for good focus), or red (for bad focus) anymore. Anyone else seeing this, or have an explanation?

a.. 1  a.. •a.. a.. a.. Brenda  randomhero11 • 3 months ago

I am experiencing the same issue. Have you found out anything else about this?

a.. a.. a.. a.. Breezee47  Brenda • 2 months ago

This is interesting. My husband and I updated our phones to the Samsung GS5 a week ago and had the same issue with the camera. We took phones back for an exchange and same problem. We went back again and have been told it is possible issue with the new update 4.4.4. We were told to go to Best Buy and have the phones returned to 4.4.2 to see if this is indeed the issue. Seeing we are not alone makes me hopeful for an update to fix this.

a.. a.. • a.. Share ›

a.. a.. a.. a.. a.. a.. a.. Ace3  Breezee47 • 2 months ago

I have the same problem hpefully they will mix it.

a..  a.. • a.. Share ›

a.. a.. a.. a.. a.. a.. − a.. Scorched  Ace3 • 2 months ago

I posted about this on Android Central about a month ago. I spoke with Verizon and they blame Samsung. I spoke with Samsung and they blame Verizon. What a shock! While I was on the phone with Samsung level two tech support one of the managers updated his Verizon GS5 and also lost the red and green circles on autofocus. Now at least I can be sure that someone at Samsung has been personally affected by this. Whether he cares is another matter. I am not holding my breath for a fix.

http://forums.androidcentral.c...

b.. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

c.. Apparently there may be a problem with android 4.4.4 on the G9000V. You are right, it is very disappointing to get shabby photos -  I need good photos for my work.  I would like to see a fix..  This could be a deal breaker.

d.. Kent

Personal information removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes