S5 Random Re-Sets
Pottastic
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the last couple of days, since I ran the latest update, my S5 has randomly required me to enter a password to unlock it.  I already have a pin that I use and both my phone and external card are encrypted.  Twice now it's asked me to enter a password to unlock the screen.  I try a password that I think it could be and it's not correct, so my phone resets.  Has anyone else had this issue or know of anything I could try to fix this?  It's happened when I wasn't around Wi-Fi so a huge portion of my data has been used with the phone downloading items after the reset.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S5 Random Re-Sets
Pottastic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I have my phone set-up to require a PIN to unlock it and I have the phone and my memory card encrypted.  I had two instances where it asked for, and I'm sorry I can't remember the exact term, a master password or something similar.  I don't remember setting that up a password ever, so I try to enter what I think it could possibly be and then my phone resets.

I did a separate re-set and the phone has been working since then. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Resets or Factory Resets? You can turn app automatics update off and it won't use your cellular data.

0 Likes
Pottastic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think it's a Factory re-set.  Everything gets deleted on my phone and card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pottastic,

That definitely seems odd that your phone is asking for a PIN each time. Is it asking for SIM Unlock PIN or a PUK code by chance? If yes, this would be different then your standard unlock code. Please let us know so we can advise of the next best step.

ErinW_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Pottastic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I have my phone set-up to require a PIN to unlock it and I have the phone and my memory card encrypted.  I had two instances where it asked for, and I'm sorry I can't remember the exact term, a master password or something similar.  I don't remember setting that up a password ever, so I try to enter what I think it could possibly be and then my phone resets.

I did a separate re-set and the phone has been working since then. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it, Pottastic. Happy to hear the last re-set returned everything back to working like normal. If you ever need us, we are here to help out. Let us know if you have additional questions.

NicandroN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response.

This ensures others can benefit from our conversation.

Thanks in advance for your help with this!