Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S5 battery "expanded"
mhapworth

Battery expanded and pushed the screen up past the frame edge. Phone still works and the screen has not cracked. I could replace the battery but is there a way to secure the screen into the case again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S5 battery "expanded"
kathy65793

That does not sound Good. I would take that battery out and put it in a safe place where if it exploded it will not hurt anything. If you have a place around you that you trust to fix your phone screen take it there and buy a new battery. I would also have your charger and phone checked to see why that battery expanded 

0 Likes
bearone21
Leader

were you gaming or some other intense activity before this happened??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are sorry to hear about your experience. When a battery “expands”, it could be due to extreme heat. We want you to be safe. We recommend putting the malfunctioning battery in a safe location. Your device, charger, or the battery itself could have caused this. We recommend taking your device to a Corporate Store location to have our agents inspect your device. They can also help you get a new charger if you are in need of one. Here is a link to find a store near you, https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/. What were you doing when this happened? Has your device had any issues with overheating?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!  

0 Likes