Re: S5's SD card constantly corrupting
mustardandpickles
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done some reading and it seems the Samsung brand card is recommended (go figure). I find it ironic that I never had an issue from April until August when yes...there was a software update from Lollipop to Marshmallow and it's never been the same. I don't recall factory resetting my phone at all.

I guess I may look into buying a Samsung sd card though I had a friend with the same problem and after going into our Verizon phone she came out with a new phone at no charge.  After trying everything he knew to do she said it was a defect in the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mustardandpickles We're glad to read that your pics and apps on your SD card are safe. We want to make sure your phone is working beautifully with or without an SD card. Let's see what's going on with your Yahoo mail app. What happens if you remove the SD card and readd your Yahoo mail app? Are you able to receive notifications again?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mustardandpickles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi. Thank you for your response.  I have removed the sd card, uninstalled the Yahoo app and reinstalled the app and I am receiving notifications from the app like normal.  The sd card is still saying corrupt though.

0 Likes
mustardandpickles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wanted to come back and reply. I purchased a recommended Samsung Pro Class 10, 64GB, U3 microsd card and my phone has been working perfectly for nearly a week now.

I have unmounted, mounted, taken battery out, restarted and completely powered down with this card with absolutely no problems. I'm guessing it was an incompatibility issue with the SanDisk card.

Thanks for your input.

0 Likes