S5 turns off when a call comes in following the latest update
the2bobs
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just updated my S5.  Now when I receive a call my phone automatically shuts off, restarting itself.  Anyone else? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S5 turns off when a call comes in following the latest update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you putting the device in safe mode the2bobs No need to go to a store for assistance. I'm confident that we can get your S working right here. Do you have all of your info backed up on your Gmail account or your Verizon cloud? If so then we suggest a factory reset and retest the device without reinstalling your apps or personal info. Here's a link on how to do so. http://spr.ly/6588Btoii

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important every single call is to you and we want to get this resolved. Following your software update, did you update the software for all your applications as well? Have you tried putting your phone in safe mode? If so, are you still exoeriencing this issue?

NicholeK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
the2bobs
Enthusiast - Level 2

I put my phone in safe mode and that didn't help.  My phone restarts with every single incoming call.  Do I need to go to a Verizon store to have this fixed?  I want to uninstall this update! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you putting the device in safe mode the2bobs No need to go to a store for assistance. I'm confident that we can get your S working right here. Do you have all of your info backed up on your Gmail account or your Verizon cloud? If so then we suggest a factory reset and retest the device without reinstalling your apps or personal info. Here's a link on how to do so. http://spr.ly/6588Btoii

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes