S5 turns to Brick when it is sometimes charging
ceg1483

Had my S5 since April of 2014 and now for some reason, every once in a while, when I charge it, the phone will lock up to a frozen black screen and nothing responds to it (side buttons or even the power button). The only way to 'wake it up' is to take the battery out and to reinsert it back in. This just started about 2 months ago, but I never dropped it or anything like that. Again, it doesn't always happen, but it does happen more times than I am comfortable with. Thought that it was my charging cord, but then I switched it up for a new Verizon cord and the same issue occured. I also cleared out the cache of the apps in case something was causing this to happen.....but it still happened again. Does anybody know of a fix for this?

0 Likes
Re: S5 turns to Brick when it is sometimes charging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Ceg1483,

I am sorry you are having issues with your S5. I appreciate the information you provided related to this issue. Sounds like you did quite a bit in the attempt to resolve the issue. However, have you tried Safe Mode? This can help with disabling 3rd party apps from using power and then connect the device to the charger to see if the screen goes blank on you during a charge. To use Safe Mode, please use this link http://tiny.cc/940rzx and keep us posted.

EdwinW_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes