S5 wifi connection keeps cycling.
SoupChef

I have the wifi at my office and honme and same issue keeps happening, the WIFI keeps disconnecting and reconnecting up to 6 times a minute. I deleted any recent programs, but still seems to be happening. .

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S5 wifi connection keeps cycling.
goodmusic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I have solved the problem. I made the phone forget the wi fi, then re connected from the go. So far, so good

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Sleff7

I'm having the same problem at home, started yesterday for me.  Thought it may have been my ISP (AT&T Uverse), but found nothing useful from them.  Could this be a Verizon network or Galaxy S5 specific problem?  Any help would be appreciated, the constant reconnecting is killing my battery life!

0 Likes
goodmusic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having same problem, have tried all standard fixes. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Can you avoid weak connections within WiFi Advanced settings, or stop it from Always Scanning?  What about a smart switch in your settings or power saving options that are turned on?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Did you update to Android 5.0 recently?

nmjones00
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem. From what I can tell it only started about a week ago. Happens at work even though I have a very strong connection there. And I noticed it at Applebees WiFi connection 2 days ago. Does not happen at home.

0 Likes
suirma

Same here. It's been happening for a few days. I haven't been paying much attention, but my wife has an S5 and isn't having this problem. (also, I have the worst reception in the world, while she spends most of the day on the phone with her S5 and no issues.) I'm thinking this might be a hardware issue, but any information from Samsung or Verizon on this issue would be great..

0 Likes
pampal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue suddenly as well.  Please advise if you figure anything out.  So frustrating.  Thanks.

0 Likes
stratamarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have same issue. Wiped my cache partition but that did not seem to fix the issue, it was fine for about an hour but then decides to cycle through connecting, dropping and reconnecting. This is nuts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets ensure your device is running in top condition! What software version are you running? How long has this been occurring?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes