S6 Edge Pro Camera Feature Broken After Nougat
AJohnson7

Updated my S6 Edge with Nougat. The Pro Camera feature on the phone will not work now. It stalls, goes black, and shows the message "Camera App has Stopped. Restart App" and then closes itself. It's been several weeks since the original update, a patch was released today and did not fix it.

0 Likes
Re: S6 Edge Pro Camera Feature Broken After Nougat
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to the community, AJohnson7. Software updates should improve your experience. Not cause issues. We're here to help you. Can you access your camera via 3rd party applications? Have you updated all of your current applications?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
AJohnson7

The PHONE UPDATED TO NOUGAT. THE CAMERA APP THAT CAME WITH THE PHONE

UPDATED WITH NOUGAT AND BROKE THE PRO FEATURE. I can still access the

camera and take photos BUT THE PRO FEATURE IS BROKEN.

On May 6, 2017 11:18 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to be able to use all the features of your camera,  AJohnson7. Does the same thing happen when you choose the Panorama or Selective Focus options? If you restart the phone, what happens when you try the Pro option for the camera as soon as the device comes back on?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AJohnson7

The selective focus does not shut down the app, but it cannot focus on a

subject to do the selective photo effect. Panorama works fine. Thank you.

On May 8, 2017 12:23 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ajohnson7, thanks for all the steps you have taken. Are you still having trouble in the Pro Camera mode? If so does it still happen in safe mode https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-175013/?

0 Likes
AJohnson7

It is still broken.

On May 10, 2017 1:27 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ajohnson7, I regret to learn that safe mode did not help. At this time the best option is to reset your device to factory settings. Please note you will want to have all your account log in/passwords and please be sure to back up your device to Google and/or Verizon Cloud before you reset http://spr.ly/658989dFB

0 Likes