S6 Edge Screen Dims When Auto-Brightness Is Turns Off - Glitch?
whoamiwhoareu
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, I know I have read a few posts on this in other forums but apparently I am not the only one having this problem. On my Galaxy S6 I have auto-brightness turned off and the brightness set on maximum. However, when I go into a dark environment my screen still dims itself even though the auto-brightness is turned off.

If I hit the sensor with a flash light the screen returns to full brightness. Immediately after locking the screen and then unlocking the screen it goes back to dimming itself.

Does anyone know if this is a Android problem or a glitch with the Galaxy S6 Edge?

Also, does anyone know if this same problem is occurring with the standard s6?

I have 14 days to return the phone so I'm hoping someone will come up with a fix since Verizon is extremely slow at rolling out OTA Updates that could fix this problem.

Thanks everyone!

Re: S6 Edge Screen Dims When Auto-Brightness Is Turns Off - Glitch?
B33
Legend

With the Curved Screen on both sides it may something that was added in by Samsung,  I would go to the store and see if the non Curved S6 does this matter fact if your seeing any other things that you have not seen before on your past Android phone do a Comparison of your new S6 curve with one in the store.. there might be some big differences in the two..

Hope that Helps.. b33

0 Likes
whoamiwhoareu
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately, the store has bright lights so next to impossible to compare them until you get them home or into a dark place to check. Apparently, this whole issue is effecting many S6 Edge owners so at least I know i'm not the only one. It's reported that Verizon knows about the issue and it effects all S6 edge devices? Really love the phone but think I'm going to take it back tomorrow and try something else. Even if they issue a fix, it's going to be a long time before it ever makes it to our phones. Can't believe how disappointed I am.

retiredjd
Enthusiast - Level 3

no problems with mine