S6 Edge system upgrade issues
ETTA1966
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a system update on my S6 plus yesterda 10/4/2016.  Ever since my phone has been almost completely unusable.  Heats up when its not even being used.  Calls come in but screen is black so I cant answer.  Locks up or shuts off constantly when I try to use but screen turns on and off when no one is touching phone.  Anyone else having issues?  Is there a fix?  Can we backout yesterdays system upgrade?    I think it needs an exorcism!  

Re: S6 Edge system upgrade issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates should always enhance your phone. Let's make sure your phone is humming along as it should be. Are you receiving an alert message regarding the overheating? Is there any physical or liquid damage to the phone?

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
angelamonte64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ditto same here after the last software update my Samsung Galaxy s6 is for the most part unusable leaving me frustrated every single day. Data is nowvat a crawling speed!

Rapid battery draining with heating up also  the entire interface runs extremely sluggish & jumpy. I am constantly receiving messages that my phone is not private,

my phone is not secure,

my phone is severely infected!

Cloud has completed jacked up all of my contacts. 

I am beyond frustrated with the last software update and paying good money each month for a phone that is all now messed up & in an unuseable conditions.

0 Likes
ETTA1966
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I am not getting any error messages... I uninstalled a bunch of software and that has eliminate some of the quirky things it was doing but still heats up when not in use and then shuts off....  battery drains very fast and very slow and sluggish.  It was fine before the update so I have to assume the issues are with that.  It probably need to do  a hard reset but I hate having to set everything back up so I have been putting it off.

0 Likes
ETTA1966
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel your pain angelamonte64!  We pay to much to be having to deal with this kind of stuff. 

angelamonte64
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my opinion, as Verizon Wireless customers we should not have to do a hard reset when the phones were working fine & dandy prior to any software update period. I prolonged the most recent update as long as possible knowing it could potentially mess with the stability of the phone which it ultimately did! Too many updates back to back has me questioning why and is it really necessary?  I also believe that customers should be able to decide & chose if we want to install these updates unless it is a security update. Sometimes less is more!

Sometimes too much of a good thing causes bad thing to occur.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

angelamonte64, sorry to learn of your recent issues after the software update. There are designed to improve the quality of the phone not degrade it. Honestly, it sounds as if you need to master reset your device: http://vz.to/1T6YtFA. This is where we are at this point.

AnthonyM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the feedback that has been provided by our S6 Edge users.

1.After the Software Update  or Operating System upgrade, certain parts of the memory system may be altered/optimized/cleared depending on the specific update in question.
2.The application memory areas may have to be optimized. This can take time and cause the device to temporarily use more battery while the optimization is in progress. This causes the battery to work hard and overheat.
3.It can take time for the new software to optimize performance and for the device's battery life to normalize.
4.Downloaded applications may not be optimized for the new OS version. This may result in higher than normal battery drain until the application is updated.

There may be situations where downloaded application developers do not immediately update their applications to support new versions of the Operating System. Be sure to update all application that are out of date.

If you still have problems after these precautionary steps have been completed, please proceed to the steps listed here http://vz.to/12T5bHK which is the Software Upgrade Assistant for Samsung.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes