S6 Nougat update - frozen on Verizon screen on boot
Another_Talking_Monke
Enthusiast - Level 2

Even in safe mode... any way to roll back to something "stable" ?

0 Likes
Re: S6 Nougat update - frozen on Verizon screen on boot
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee
Software updates are meant to enhance your device, not cause you headaches, Another_Talking_Monkey.

When did the phone freeze? Were you able to complete the software update, or did it freeze while trying to update?

Visit Troubleshooting: How to Unfreeze Your Device | Verizon Wireless  to view tips on how to unfreeze your phone.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Another_Talking_Monke
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply, John.  I had a working phone on Sunday, Monday VZW pushed the update and it bricked it.  The phone boots to the Verizon logo and then the notification LED pulses slowly.  You can't turn the phone off after that until you plug it in to power and let the screen time out, at which point the phone changes the LED to Red, resolving the hang.

I cleared the cache, did a full factory restore and had no success.  I went to the VZW store and was told that the phone is out of warranty but they would gladly sell me a new one.  I asked them to push the firmware again but they don't have anyone qualified or the equipment to do so (but I should have bought the extended warranty.)  They sent me to Samsung because it is Samsung's software, not VZW.  They also offered to send the phone in for repair for $150 fee.

Samsung passed me from tier 1 support to a tech who has directed me to Best Buy to get the phone flashed.  He also said they would service the phone for FREE as long as it is not a hardware failure.

I can't tell you how frustrated I am with your company's response to a bad firmware load.  I've been a customer for over 10 years and this is the first time I've considered changing carriers.  I've spent hours trying to resolve the issue already and have several more to go.  The Samsung agent will be at Best Buy tomorrow so I'll try my luck there. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Another_Talking_Monkey,

I can relate to how having a working device is a must. Additionally, updates are meant to enhance. I don't want you feeling this way, and would love to save you a trip. What happens when you use our Software Repair Assistant? Just in case: http://spr.ly/658785F2f

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Another_Talking_Monke
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, the SRA doesn't see my device.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did You put the phone in download mode when you hooked it up to SRA?

Volume down-power-home

0 Likes