S6 my back button is freaking out
KENBAS73

S6 Any way to fix a back button that is initiating back commands on its own?

0 Likes
Re: S6 my back button is freaking out
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KENBAS73

It sounds like your device has a mind of it's own. Does it have any physical or liquid damage? Do you have a protective case on that phone? Did you recently update the software on it or download a new application? 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KENBAS73

six or sevem months ago I dropped it in a bucket of water for about 1 sec before retrieval.

It acted up this way then, but since has been running fine. Yes I have a protective case, and Yes it has been dropped also.  I've had 2 updates the past month. One right before this started.

I suspect those are the causes.  Any fixes?  PS. It is not doing it now... fixed itself hopefully forever, but maybe temporary. Thanks, Ken

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you dry out the phone in a sealed bag of uncooked rice for 24 to 48 hours after the quick dip in water?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KENBAS73, thank you for sharing this important information. We have not received any reported concerns pertaining to the latest software update for your device. Here is a helpful link https://vz.to/2xNkvKF to determine if your device has liquid damage. We are truly glad that the back button concern seems to have stopped on its own. Should this experience happen again, please restart your device in Safe mode http://vz.to/2xDIJ5C and let us know if the issue continues while your device is in this diagnostic state.

Sylvia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes