S7 BOGO Rant then warning for others
AGGIE88
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I call Verizon Wireless on my birthday at the end of April to possibly upgrade my phone.  I ask the rep if there are any specials.  I am told about the BOGO for the S7/S7 Edge and the new LG G5.

The rep tells me I need to activate a new line to take advantage of the BOGO.  No problem since I need a phone for my son.  I ask if I can activate a new line, but assign the BOGO S7 Edge phones to the existing lines for my wife and me and buy a different phone for my son.  They say yes.  Great.

So I do the BOGO on the S7 Edge, assign them to the existing lines, and buy a Motorols Turbo 2 for my son since it has the shatterproof screen.

The rep tells me I should be getting notice via email for the BOGO after 2-3 billings cycles or 60-90 days on if I want to credit the BOGO value directly to a phone or get a prepaid VISA.  I am thinking "wow that is pretty easy.  Thanks Verizon" (Clearly I am a dumb **s).

Time goes by.  I am thinking everything is good, blah blah blah.

Two billing cycles go by so I call customer service on June 22nd to see what the process will be so I can get on of the phones paid off directly.

Then I find out all the particulars about the "BOGO".

1.  BOGO is not really a buy one get one.  It is a rebate done through a 3rd party so they can't really help me.

2.  I was supposed to submit my rebate request within 30 days of activation.  (Can't do that now.  Thanks for nothing)

3.  "Sorry" does not equal getting me my "rebate".

The worst part is I not don't even have all the documentation I would need to submit to get the rebate since the boxes the phones came in are gone and I don't have the UPC from the sticker.  Additionally, from what I have read about the "rebate" one of the lines the phone is activated on has to be new so I was screwed from the beginning and did not even know it.

Warning to others:

1.  Nothing is as it seems.  If you feel like the service is exceptional and the deal is too easy and good, ask a bunch of questions so you do not get screwed.

2.  Ask the same questions over and over again with the rep.  Come back to the store later or call in again and ask again.  Compare answers.  Get links to documentation online and READ all the fine print.

So instead of saving approximately $800 on my birthday and being elated about my wireless carrier and phone manufacture and how they take care of their customers, I get hosed.

Thank you Verizon and Samsung.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: S7 BOGO Rant then warning for others
Klue
Master - Level 1

I did the BOGO offer on the last day of the promotion 4/13/16 and submitted the payment agreements and UPS codes from the box a week later. Less than two months received the visa card for 672 dollars from Verizon.  Didn't have to call customer support once, as I was provided with email updates on the status of the rebate.

From what I have been reading everything submitted has to be spot on.  Those receiving status reports of invalid, or denied probably are from incomplete paperwork or expiration dates.  Those trying to correct the mistakes are not getting anywhere.

0 Likes
AGGIE88
Enthusiast - Level 1

Klue,

Thanks for replying.

I am not disputing the process or that it is possible to get the rebate.  I am disputing the "not full, clear and concise information" I received from the Verizon representative that did my order on the phone about the need to fill out forms, submit info online by a certain time, etc. to get my BOGO that is really a rebate.

The process for the Turbo 2 built my you I got for my son was very clearly spelled out on how to do that.  Look for the email, click the link to design the phone, etc.

While on the phone with the rep, I received email to confirm the contract for the phones, etc. as well so I am thinking the rep is pretty squared away.

The bottom line, given the information I had on the process, I missed my window and will not be able to get my rebate.

I really just do not want others to be misinformed like me and think they know what to do, etc. and they get the short end of the stick like I did.

ARAPAR43
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. this is a scam. 4 calls to support and 3 times they have "escalated" to their managers. All BS.

0 Likes
CG20NicBoy

I have the same problem, I did ask many many question before agreed to get bogo promotion and add new second line for S7Edge, that was done since end of March. Submitted the claim after 7 days upon equipment receipt, since then I been getting emails notification from rebate center saying "invalid status" or missing documentation which I have sent several times again from my personal email attached both installment agreements, UPC bar code both phones boxes. Every time I call, the same response; issue has been escalated to upper management, please allow 21 more days. it's been over 90 days (they advertised allow 45 days to processed the claim) and they always says the same response script (issue has been escalated, please allow 30 more days).

It doesn't matter if you follow promotion rules, it seems they giving me a hard time and huge delay for me to give up. Wrong! I am persistent dude. Thank goodness we are in a great country of Laws where we can be heard in others means. I will continue with my claim and BE AWARE everyone, this is not easy as it seems.

0 Likes
HELLOSATTY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi ,

My rebate details was invalidated six times since I submitted the request for over 3 overs & now .On all the follow-up calls with customer care & store visit , my details was again validated & confirmed that I have met the eligibility criteria but the very next day they send invalidated status. This is a big scam from Verizon & no one taking responsibility to resolve but keep dragging by correcting the details on every call . Appeal to anyone who think of buying mobile- Please don't purchase device at verizon on any offer & get cheated .

- Satty

jms515
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah.   I am on board that it is a scam.   They make you go through hoop after hoop trying to hold onto your money and deny you the rebate.   So far I had to call once after it was denied for no apparent valid reason, that was like 2 months ago and it is still in pending.  Does not move.  

Also read on other message board a lot of other people experience same issue.

jms515
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well good news,  I got approved

0 Likes
grl3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like you I was given incorrect info on the BOGO deal. In fact, I wasn't given any info at all except: pay for both phones up front and in 8-10 weeks receive a gift card in the mail for the value of one phone.

LIES!

I have talked ad nauseum with Verizon and answered the rebate centers "we need more information" requests. Today I was denied again stating I submitted outside of 30 day from buying submission period. That is the first I heard there was such a thing.

My sage is here: Re: Samsung S7 BOGO Scam/Fraud/Lies

0 Likes
MAKSCH41

In the same boat, was not told about the 30 day window. Just that it would be sent in a matter of time. Sent us through loopholes to keep us paying, we're having T-Mobile buy out the phones if its not resolved soon.
Also this is over $500 stolen from us (Felony) we got screwed not to mention the $32/mo worth of back pay they owe us.
@T-Mobile here we come!

0 Likes