Re: S7 Edge: Post Nougat update, Pandora refuses to start. 'Waiting for connection' error
ERIJOH11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, I had to set up a verizon forum account just to post to this so you know I must be motivated.  I normally just read these and then go on my way.  I had the same issue with Pandora "Waiting for Connection. Retry?" or whatever.  I found the previous answer in another thread on this forum.  It worked.  I did exactly what this other user directed including the booting into SAFE MODE, etc.  Now Pandora popped up and has all my preferences and stations.

FYI - I am not taking credit for this.  The other thread is locked:

Changing the permissions had no affect.

I was able to find a solution though:

1) Reboot phone into safe mode

2) Clear cache and clear data for Pandora app

3) Uninstall Pandora app

4) Reboot back into "normal" mode

5) Install Pandora app

Pandora now opens up and plays music again. I have a feeling booting into "safe mode" did something.

0 Likes
Re: S7 Edge: Post Nougat update, Pandora refuses to start. 'Waiting for connection' error
carabe11a

That was something that I had already tried and mentioned in my original post. It didn't work for me Smiley Sad

0 Likes
ERIJOH11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would give it another try.  I uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared data/cache etc and restarted numerous times.  Nothing worked.  When I walked through this to a T it worked.  Make sure to reboot in Safe Mode by picking Power Off and holding down the icon.  Going to the app via settings, clearing data by holding down on it.  Uninstall it. Shut down phone/reboot by picking Power Off and not restart.  Start it up, install the app.  It then prompted me for my username and password.  It didn't do that in previous attempts (prior to using the posted steps) so it must have been retaining that info in the cache along with some other info I suspect.  So, after adding my username and PW it then worked like it used to.  Basically you need to wipe the app and anything associated with it off your phone completely.  Good luck.

0 Likes
carabe11a

Tried again, didn't ask me for login afterwards, still not working. It's not a viable solution for me as it is definitely continuing to store something on the phone somewhere.

0 Likes