S7 Edge: Post Nougat update, Pandora refuses to start. 'Waiting for connection' error
carabe11a

I've already tried:

• Verified app permissions
  • Uninstall/Reinstall
  • Boot into safe mode, clear cache and data, uninstall, boot into normal mode, reinstall Pandora

Any other ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S7 Edge: Post Nougat update, Pandora refuses to start. 'Waiting for connection' error
ERIJOH11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, I had to set up a verizon forum account just to post to this so you know I must be motivated.  I normally just read these and then go on my way.  I had the same issue with Pandora "Waiting for Connection. Retry?" or whatever.  I found the previous answer in another thread on this forum.  It worked.  I did exactly what this other user directed including the booting into SAFE MODE, etc.  Now Pandora popped up and has all my preferences and stations.

FYI - I am not taking credit for this.  The other thread is locked:

Changing the permissions had no affect.

I was able to find a solution though:

1) Reboot phone into safe mode

2) Clear cache and clear data for Pandora app

3) Uninstall Pandora app

4) Reboot back into "normal" mode

5) Install Pandora app

Pandora now opens up and plays music again. I have a feeling booting into "safe mode" did something.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: S7 Edge: Post Nougat update, Pandora refuses to start. 'Waiting for connection' error
lasinah_vzw
Verizon Employee

carabe11a , please don't stop the music! Are you able to browse the internet on your device with no issues?

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
carabe11a

Yes, I can still browse the web as well as use spotify or google music. It is specifically only Pandora that refuses to work after the update.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Complain to the Pandora application developers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

carabe11a

I was hoping someone here might have heard of the issue first since I've only seen people talking about this issue specifically with this phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be a specific conflict with that phone model. The application developer would still be the best avenue to determine if it can be fixed with an application update or something deeper with the manufacturer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

carabe11a, we want to get things back to the way that it use to be on that device. Are you connected to Wi-Fi or our cellular data network when you have this issue? Let's refresh that application by tapping Settings>Applications>Application Manager>Tap Pandora>Select Force Stop & Clear Cache.

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
carabe11a

I have tried it both on cellular and wifi. As I stated before, I've already gone through clearing cache and data and uninstall/reinstall in standard mode as well as doing all the same in safe mode. That has not worked. I've also submitted a ticket to Pandora but haven't heard back from them.

0 Likes
NIKZIS73

Ive got the same problem. Pandora was working fine until 4/21/2017. Now its just says waiting for connection. WiFi or 4gLTE. I have a Galaxy S7 edge and I updated to Android 7 about a month ago. No problems until now. Ive rebooted, cleared cache, unistalled and reinstalled. I pay for the premium Pandora so this is unacceptable.

0 Likes
carabe11a

I've opened a ticket with Pandora and I'll put the info here if I get a solution.

0 Likes