S7 Edge does not turn off when charged
CRMorales
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have upgraded my two phones from S4 to the S7 Edge.  Normally, the phones would light up after being charged, then dim and go to Always On Mode.  Last week one of them is now staying on after being charged.  It does not dim and it does not go to Always On Mode or go to the Lock Screen.  I checked the settings on both phones and they are exactly the same.

Is there somewhere else on the phone I can check so it can go back as before?. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: S7 Edge does not turn off when charged
Klue
Master - Level 1

Try this, from the Samsung support site.

A soft reset can resolve issues like continuous resetting/rebooting, device crashing, freezing, device locking up, and keypad not responding.

Note Notes:

• This device has a non-removable battery. This process can be used to simulate a "battery pull" when the device is unresponsive, frozen, or doesn't power on.
  • Ensure the device is charged to a minimum of 5%. If battery level is below 5%, the device may not power on after the reboot.
  1. With the device powered on, press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons for 12 seconds.
  2. Use the Volume down button to scroll to the Power Down option.
  3. Press the Home key to select.
    Note The device powers down completely. It is recommended that the device be powered up in Safe Mode.
0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

check in settings/battery

0 Likes
CRMorales
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apologies, I titled the post wrong on my situation.  The S7 does not Timeout.

The S7 does not do the Screen timeout to the Always On Display mode when charged.  It stays on the Lock Screen and does not timeout.  I'm concerned that the phone will overheat and get damaged.  Last night I plugged in the phone to charge, I turned on the Always On Display.  In the morning, the phone was charged and on the Lock Screen.

I checked my settings in the Display and wallpaper and under Screen timeout I have it at "After 2 minutes of inactivity."    To me it means that the Lock Screen was displayed overnight and never went to the timeout.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

If you have developers options opened up then make sure the Stay Awake function is turned off.  If it is turned on the display will always stay on during charging.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

nothing that you suggested needed to be fixed nor was mentioned by the o p.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are trying to get this figured out. When you went into settings, was there anything that mentioned about asking for a passcode after timeout? When was your last software update?
RobertH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes