S7 Not connecting to Verizon network
Geckodude18
Enthusiast - Level 1

A few days ago I was using my phone and everything was fine till my network dropped.  It came back up a few moments later but it would not connect to 4G/3G.  The phone just shows bars or it will have a grayed out 1x.  I thought it might just be something with the towers in the area I was at.  I came home and it was still doing this same thing even after a reboot.  I left it alone over night and the next day it showed 4g and 3 bars.  When I tried to use it though it was not connecting to the internet and the 4G dropped to 1x after about a minute.  I still had 3 bars but I was unable to use the call or text, they would just error out after a few moments.  When I arrived back at work my bars go from 1 to 4 about every second and my battery drains really bad.  My signal strength goes from -83 dBm to -113 dBm every few seconds and it stays at 99 asu all the time (have no clue what the asu is).  Also just to weed out tower issues two of my co-workers are connecting fine to the Verizon network and were not having issues when my phone started to act up.  Also at home the other phones on Verizon at connecting to 4G with 5 bars.

I ran through all the troubleshooting steps I could find and I am still having the same issue.  I have even factory reset my phone.  I went to the Verizon store today and they gave me a new SIM card.  After the SIM card updated I got an email and everything seemed to be in working order.  I went and got something to eat a few min later in the same area as Verizon and the phone went back to the grayed out 1x and no phone or text (unfortunately the store was closed by the time I came back).

If anyone has something to offer on this I am all ears!

Phone: SM-G930V

0 Likes
Re: S7 Not connecting to Verizon network
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked the network mode setting to see what it is on? It should be on LTE/CDMA mode.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Geckodude18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I checked everything you could check on the phone just short of taking it apart.  I spent most of the night with the support team on this website also checking everything we could (though in the middle of the night it takes a vary long time to get a response).  I just ended up going to a Verizon store with all this documentation/troubleshooting I did and I got a replacement.  The replacement works better then the other handset ever did, leads me to believe that I had an issue with it from day one.

0 Likes
samrmartinez4

My husband and I haven't had phone service for 3 days now. My husband has Straight Talk and he doesn't have phone service on his phone either. On my phone it goes from 1x back up to 3G I even factory reset my phone today and it's still showing the same thing. Our phones worked fine earlier this week and 3 days ago the service just went out and we have already paid our phones on time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello samrmartinez4, we're very concerned to learn about your lack of service, and we'd love to help! In what city and state are you having issues with your service? 

~Baldo

0 Likes