S7 Post Nougat Update Streaming Audio Pauses or Stops
tdbiii455

S7 Post Android Update - When streaming audio or pod casts via any app, or music via Google Play Music the songs or pod cast either pauses or stops.  This appears to happen when the S7 phone goes to sleep.  I can listen on a podcast for 5-10 minutes and the phone will pause the podcast- when awakening the phone the app is still open BUT paused- I can press play and it will then come back on.  A few occasions I get an error screen telling me my pod cast has stopped.  No kidding. On Google Play Music it will play a few songs then pause just like the pod cast- again it appears connected to the phone going to sleep.  This all happens while on WiFi.  I have done the following:  Factory Reset, Wiped System Cache, Uninstalled apps, then reinstalled apps, turned off Battery/Power Save mode.  Nothing works.  Can you spell Apple?

0 Likes
Re: S7 Post Nougat Update Streaming Audio Pauses or Stops
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have any background data restrictions active on your phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tdbiii455

I'm using WiFi - not Mobile Data.

0 Likes
tdbiii455

Both apps that fail have been checked and there are no background data restrictions selected.

0 Likes