S7 edge. game connection issues.
tnboyett

Brand new s7 edge... having issues with my old games connecting with the network.  Everytime i click "connect with google" it keeps searching for the network and never finding it.  extremely frustrating.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. SOmetimes it will connect and so i know all my old stuff is there and then it won't, there is no rhyme or reason to it and its driving me bonkers.

0 Likes
Re: S7 edge. game connection issues.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you trying to connect to the Play Games sync?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tnboyett, we want you to keep your sanity and resolve this issue for you. Have you powered your device off/on since this issue started? Did you recently update the software on your phone or the update the software for those game applications?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your games to work with your phone, tnboyett. How were the old games previously downloaded? Does this occur with cellular data or WiFi? Are there any issues with any new apps that are downloaded?

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tnboyett

SO brand new phone, so I go to google play, then download the "play games app" all of my records are still there, download the game. Game loads from the beginning (this one you have to get to level 7 in order to connect to the google play account), get to level 7, click the sync to google play... and then it just says "connecting to network" and it stays there... it never connects.

0 Likes
tnboyett

Device on/off. yes.  Exchanged said device for new device and still no resolution.  I used a coworkers Samsung 7s phone to see if it was a game issue.  No, I was able to log on and retrieve all my old stats no problem. I think its a 7s edge issue... definitely not enjoying it.,

0 Likes
tnboyett

Old games on my LG were downloaded with either wifi or cellular data it didn't matter, we tried BOTH with this phone, neither have worked. I've been to the store, no one seems to know the issue. They tried to tell me it was a game issue, fortunately for me I was able to use their phone and bam... no issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tnboyett, thanks for keeping us posted. Let's take a closer look at your phone. Is everything else working fine on your device? Are you able to call, text message and access data on that phone?

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely very odd, tnboyett. I appreciate you testing this with multiple devices.To clarify, are you attempting to use the "Play games" app that is preinstalled on your device?

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're not enjoying your phone, tnboyett. It sounds like the games may not be compatible with this phone. It could be software that isn't compatible. If you look in the application/game, you can scroll down to the bottom to see if there are any restrictions. You can also reach out to the developer, (bottom of application for Developer details), to see what the issue can be.

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes