Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S7 is restarting by itself in the middle of the night.
Rocke

There is no auto-restart feature so what is causing this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S7 is restarting by itself in the middle of the night.
kathy65793

Have you had an software update recently  Or have you installed a new app? Try shutting the phone off then hold Volume up-Power-Home. This will take you into recovery mode then just use the volume down button to highlight clear cache partition once it is highlighted then press power then volume down to say yes then power again. Then after it clears the phone will go back to recovery mode then just press power when the phone says reboot. This is not going to change any settings on the phone just clear out all the old files the phone does not need anymore. Has your battery been dying quicker then it did before?

bearone21
Leader

one of the recent updates allowed for the phone to reboot/refresh itself if selected...not sure where!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Rocke,

I would be alarmed if my phone was restarting by itself as well. KATHY65793 does raise a good point. Have you had any recent software updates? Has there been any liquid or physical damage to the phone? When did this start? Are you having any issue with charging the phone?

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes