Re: S7 shows wrong time zone today 2/1/2017
337j
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello HelloHJ,

I was able to resolve this issue (fix is from a thread from 2013).  What I did:

1. Reboot phone in recovery mode

2. delete the cache partition

3. reboot phone

-at this point the clock fixed itself for about 5 minutes then reverted back to 2 hours ahead

4. rebooted phone by turning phone off completely, waiting 4 minutes, then turning phone back on (did not use "restart phone" option)

Issue has been resolved for about an hour now.  Will update thread if it reverts back again but for now I'm all fixed up.

HelloHJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks!  I resolved the issue with the phone by changing the date time mode to manual mode and correct the time zone from the wrong Central to Pacific zone.   I just need to resolve the issue with my tired body after lost sleep due to this happening. z z z z . . . .

AtomicCareBear
Enthusiast - Level 1

I chatted with Verizon Wireless support and was advised that the issue is with the network, and that network engineers are currently working on a fix. The suggestion is to keep your phone on manual date and time at the moment until the network issue is resolved.

mgp0214
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did they mention when the problem would be resolved and how we would know when it was resolved? If we are to switch our phones to manual date/time. We will not know if the issue is resolved unless they send a mass text or email to all of the people on their network that are having this issue.

KNew05

Same thing here, had to change it manually and tried to go back to sleep.  Some what like the Twilight Zone! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
KNew05

Oh geez what a bummer.  I usually turn on King5 at 5 am and it wasn't on.  Then I finally looked at the clock on the tv and it was 3 am.  Of course couldn't sleep after that.  Going to be a long day for all of us. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
angelach

Very spooky when mine did it too, I noticed it twice - the first time it corrected itself while I did a double take so I thought I was imagining things. Thanks Verizon, for making me feel crazy!

0 Likes
SAMKAR92
Enthusiast - Level 2

My issue appears to be fixed. I switched back to auto date/time a while ago

and it has stayed at Pacific time.

Samantha

0 Likes
HelloHJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the update Samantha!   I just tried it too after seeing your message and confirmed the issue is resolved for me now as well.   It seems that Verizon has fixed the issue for the network time problem in this region.   I am located at Bothell, WA.

-Heejae

0 Likes
SamWiding
Enthusiast - Level 2

My S7 and my wife's S6 had this issue today at 4 am. Thankfully I had the day off, because my alarm wouldn't have gone off when it normally would have. Both phones were set to Central time, and we had to manually change them. We live in Gig Harbor.

0 Likes