S8+ Car radio call volume problem.
KANE1513

When my S8+  is connected to my car radio and im on a call i cannot control the volume from either the handset or the radio.  Volume starts at 15 and if i try to change it.. goes right back to 15.

0 Likes
Re: S8+ Car radio call volume problem.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KANE1513, ensuring that you're able to connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 + with your car radio is vitally important. Hearing that you're unable to control the volume from your phone and your radio are both urgent matters. We'd certainly like to help resolve this issue for you. Just a few quick questions to get started. How long has this been happening? What's the make/model of your automobile? Are you making the connection with your phone and car radio via Bluetooth? - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KANE1513

The truck is an 03 F150 and the radio is a JVC KW-V130BT, and yes its connected bluetooth.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@kANE1513 Thanks for that information. I'm curious what happens when you attempt to connect your Galaxy S8 to an alternate device/radio via Bluetooth? Are you able to adjust the volume?

JoelD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KANE1513

works fine hooked up to my bluetooth ear piece and headset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's definitely a good sign, KANE1513. If your phone is connecting to other devices with no issue, then this definitely points the finger at the specific connection between your phone and your JVC head-unit. I recommend checking to see if this firmware update can help further improve the connection between your phone and the head-units Bluetooth stack.

http://www.jvc.net/cs/car/firmware/2017/kwv130bt/

Just in case, if you go to Settings > Bluetooth > Paired Devices > Select the Settings Cog Wheel next to your JVC's head-unit name > Ensure that all the needed items under Use For are enabled. This can further enhance the control you have between the head-unit and your phone.

Please keep us posted. Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter #VZWSupport

0 Likes