S8 Email Issues - Multiple phones accessing one email account
kmbrowning
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband and I both have Samsung S8 phones. We both have access to our business email account on our phones. We have discovered that if either one of us reads or deletes an email on this account, it shows up as read on the other persons phone or the other person never sees it because it was deleted by the other user.  We use Outlook at home and things being deleted on our phones are not showing up in our Outlook accounts. We have never had this problem before. We both went into the settings on our phones and we do not have the option to "not delete from server". It is no where but all of the fixes I have read for this problem state to choose this option. I delete lots of things off of my phone because I don't want my in-box cluttered with the intent that I will read/deal with them via Outlook at home and they are gone.  We really need some assistance with this because it is causing problems.

0 Likes
Re: S8 Email Issues - Multiple phones accessing one email account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kmbrowning,

We don't want you to have problems with your business email account. Allow us to help. When did this problem with emails being deleted out of your Outlook account start? Here's a link that may be helpful in regard to your concern http://bit.ly/2m1vOpq

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kmbrowning
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Corey M,

The link you provided does not work. It produces an error page. Please resend or provide a narrative response. Through our own testing, we are able to confirm that any email we open or delete on our Samsung S8 phones is impacting the emails on the server. I have logged into the server email directly to confirm this. Our home Outlook accounts are also being impacted by what we do with email on our phones.

We have searched through all of the settings on our phones and cannot find an option in the email settings to not delete from the server. We are using the email app that comes with the phone version 4.2.53.1.

Thank you!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Read POP3 email messages on multiple computers - Outlook

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Legend

you both have the business account setup as an imap account & when when deleted on one device, it's gone from other devices..

delete & re-create the accounts manually as pop3.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kmbrowning, we want to be sure the email account is setup the way you need it especially in this day and age. When did you start having this issue? How is the email setup on the phone (IMAP, POP3)? Have you tried deleting and re-adding like bearone21 suggested?

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes