Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S8+ Phone not keeping time reliably?
lindross

I had this issue with my S6 as well (part of why I upgraded).  But the time would be off an hour and it's caused me to be late to work before.  I've not seen a valid reason or fix for this either?  I'm in Indiana (DST).  I don't feel that I should have to set the time manually or rely on turning airplane mode on/off to get my new phone on Americas "best" network to keep the time correct and reliable.  So is this a Galaxy thing, a Verizon Network thing, or an Android 7.0 thing?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: S8+ Phone not keeping time reliably?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's important that your phone shows the correct time so you're not late for work, lindross. I understand you are located in Indiana. Are you near a line that breaks up EST and CST time zones by chance? Do you remember any changes just before this started happening on your previous phone such as downloading a new app? When you go to Settings>System Updates>Check For System Updates is your phone showing the software is up to date?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes