S8+ sending duplicate texts
DJH06
Contributor - Level 1

About 2 days ago some, not all, of my friends have shown me screenshots of them receiving 2, 3 or even 4 of the same messages usually a minute or two apart. I initially used Messages +, but then tried switching to stock messages app. Now even tried Textra to no avail.

I have taken out SIM and restarted without it in, then reinserted and restarted. I have cleared cache in messages + and messages apps. I have tried both on and off wifi.

I don't want to reset network settings because I affects so many things. But I will if it is a known solution.

I don't know what else it could be. I have a decent wifi signal but a strong 4g LTE signal.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: S8+ sending duplicate texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DJH06,  that's very weird that messages are sent multiple times to your contacts. You have done great steps already thus far to fix the issue. I wanted to do a small check-in. Is the issue still existing, since it has been 3 days since you posted this? If so, I wanted to get clarification on which application you are using to text currently. This will help with us troubleshooting the phone and application.

Verizon_Customer_Service

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes