S8+ wifi turns off and on by itself.
JTJ1017
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having wifi connectivity issues with the S8+ 

My WiFi keeps randomly turning off and on. It happens not just at my home WiFi, but at friends houses and at public WiFi spots too so it is a phone issue and not a problem with my home network.

I can actually go to the wifi page in settings and watch the toggle switch go from on to off and back again.. I have rebooted, reentered wifi passwords and ultimately did a factory reset with no luck

0 Likes
Re: S8+ wifi turns off and on by itself.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JTJ1017 we know how important it is to connect to Wi-Fi. Let's look into this issue further. Please run a Device Health Check via My Verizon: http://spr.ly/65818eq6V . You can also try Resetting the network settings; navigate to Settings > Backup and reset > Reset network settings.

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dsypul
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue. I have witnessed the Wi-Fi switch turning off without any intervention from me. I have tried resetting network settings on the S8 and will report back with results.

JTJ1017
Enthusiast - Level 2

I returned mine and the replacement has been ok so far.  

Please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors as this email was sent from a "smartphone."

dsypul
Enthusiast - Level 2

Resetting my network settings did not resolve the issue for me. I think this explains in part why I have already burned through my data for the month. Grrrr

dsypul
Enthusiast - Level 2

See my comments, resetting network settings did not work for me.

JTJ1017
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yup.  Same here.  

Please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors as this email was sent from a "smartphone."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my wifi connection to help prevent high data usage and definitely want to make sure you can use wifi consistently as well, dsypul. Let's look into this together to see what's going on. Please complete a device health check and advise of any areas not in green, http://spr.ly/6580852q6. How long have you had this issue? Have you noticed if this happens while using certain apps?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bhonolulu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you tried looking at your "smart switch" setting?  If it is on it will automatically cut off poor wifi connections. 

MILITARY_ME
Enthusiast - Level 1

I myself have called Samsung, chatted with Samsung, Netgear for my Orbi router, and Verizon.   No one cares and each say its the other companies who are at fault.  Can't trade my S8+ for a iphone that works with wifi because Verizon says im out of 14 day trade in window.   Samsung says i have to send it in to be examined by tech support 9 to 14 days with no phone. Netgear says it is not my router its S8+ software.  Still have a worthless $800+ S8+ phone that I cant use because Verizons signal is less than usable, wifi doesnt connect with s8+ and you get nowhere with same troubleshooting steps from all companies.  How many times do i have to factory reset my s8+ phone and my replacement s8+ before you accept its your fault samsung.  Just issue a refund for the trash phone, admit that there is no update anytime soon.   And for the tech support at verizon who said it is router specific....you dont know what your talking about.  It is a common issue with S8 phones.  As well as the verizon tech support telling me this is the 1st time he has heard of this issue guess he doesnt know how to read.  It is all over samsung, verizon, and any other forums.