S9 mirrir to tv
VONNOR34
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can I mirror screen to tv via hdmi cable?

I bought an adapter, S9 to hdmi, but it does not work like my old phones.

0 Likes
Re: S9 mirrir to tv
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, VONNOR34! Thank you for reaching out to us today. We understand the importance of getting the most of your device, and we would be happy to assist you today. Can elaborate further, what exactly are you trying to cast and how are you trying to cast it? 

Rachel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VONNOR34
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to watch videos from my phone to my TV. I did this with past phones. I purchased a Samsung adapter that adapts phone to HDMI so I could plug phone directly into hdmi port on tv.I Googled this and found a lot of info describing this as the way to do it, but it doesn't work. I then looked at apps, but can't find one that works as expected. Thanks in advance for any help.

Von

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any reason why you haven't considered a Chromecast device?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

were the old phones samsung?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the helpful details, VONNOR34. Please tell us more, what is your TV's brand? Do you get an error when you connect your phone to the TV? 

Monica_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VONNOR34
Enthusiast - Level 2

My TV is a Sanyo DP55441.

Nothing happens when I plug phone into HDMI port. It's like there is no output from the phone.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Von

[removed]

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
VONNOR34
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know what a chromecast device is.

Also, I've never had to buy another device to plug my phone into my TV. It usually just shows on the TV what my phone shows when I plug it in to TV.

0 Likes
VONNOR34
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

VONNOR34 wrote:

I don't know what a chromecast device is.

Also, I've never had to buy another device to plug my phone into my TV. It usually just shows on the TV what my phone shows when I plug it in to TV.

There have been commercials for it. Chromecast - 2nd Generation - Google Store

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes