Re: SGS7 - FIX the WI-FI problem VERIZON!!
Tidbits
Legend

Hard to say the IPv6 is a hardware or software issue. I believe it's a software issue as if it was a hardware issue there would be trouble with all connections whether IPv4 or IPv6

0 Likes
ScandalousFrog

Spoke to a Verizon tech support rep the other day.  Said they are not tracking the issue and I mentioned that I have seen it reported across multiple forums.  He took down my information and is elevating it to a higher level of support.  Said he expected to get in touch with me again in the next few days to get more information (like perhaps my router model, etc).  Hopefully this will go somewhere as opposed to everyone else I called.  I strongly suggest if anyone reading or in this thread has not done so already, that you call Verizon support and let them know of the issue over the phone.  If it is affecting as many phones as I have seen (and I am fairly certain it is not just a Verizon version issue) then it needs to start getting elevated by as many people as possible so that it gets fixed quicker.  Will keep everyone here posted.  Good luck!

0 Likes
GuitarMuse
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Everyone!

I started this post a few days ago and I want to first, apologize to Verizon for coming on a bit too strong.

Ok everyone, listen up! I'm going to explain exactly what I did to solve the issue! No need to go over what I've already tried (you guys can scroll back to review all of my posts on this issue). My ISP is Comcast, my modem and router is:

Motorola ARRIS SURFboard SB6121 docsis 3.0 modem and D-Link DIR-825 Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router” .

After trying everything including the DNSet app and other DNS apps which you all know are only Work-Arounds and not fixes! I also installed the google update (Android System WebView) that app never fixed all the issues either. What I'm about to tell you, I saved as a last resort attempt! I couldn't remember the password i set up on my router more than 5 years ago so I had no choice but to hold a pin into the reset hole in the back for 5-10 seconds until the lights turned off and back on again, resetting the router to factory defaults. I already downloaded the firmware updates from D-Links support site for my router model and had them on my desktop, ready to install. I then proceeded to the URL: 192.168.0.1 logged into D-Link router setup page using the default name/Admin and P.W./admin. I then applied all of the firmware updates one by one until the most recent firmware was applied. I setup my internet/security/wireless connection using the built in wizard. I NEVER touched the IPV6 area of the setup. I then proceeded to save settings, closed the page, shut down my PC, unplugged my router then unplugged my modem and left the router and modem unplugged for about 1 minute. I them plugged the modem in first then the router (giving them time to fully restore and show connection, then I turned on my PC. I immediately checked my PC's browser and ran XFinity's Speed Test. Everything was Golden!!!

Here we go! I crossed my fingers and held my breath while I picked up my Galaxy S7 and turned the mobile data OFF, then turned Wi-Fi ON. I hit the Google Play app, . . . . . . .  cue the choir, . . . . .HALLELUJAH!!!!!  It worked!!

No more Wi-Fi connection problems PERIOD! Google Play app, YouTube app, Google Crome app, etc. . . . .

I hope this helps! I realize everyone uses different routers but I urge you to check your routers firmware version and update if needed!

0 Likes
ScandalousFrog

Was curious about the whole IPv6 thing.  Tested my IPv6 connection from my computer and the test was successful.  On my phone however, it says IPv6 is not supported.  I know this is probably not news to anyone, but figured that it may help identify the issue. 

0 Likes
Pbking316
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same modem on Comcast with a belkin dual band AC WiFi router with the most updated firmware. Every app is

0 Likes
Pbking316
Enthusiast - Level 3

Guess I can't edit that.  Every app is updated and still no luck with WiFi unless I use a dns changer app. I'm betting if you come to my home or anyone with a router your phone doesn't like you'll have issues

0 Likes
Andy63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried resetting all but still no luck. I should have stayed with an iPhone and ATT as this S7 Galaxy and Verizon customer service is terrible as I see they've stopped responding to the forum. I guess you've got to be a technology expert to resolve this, which I'm not. Appears I bought a [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] phone and a bad service.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

All S7's have some sort of WiFi problem. Check the other forums.  Most of the time it stems from IPv6. Samsung needs to push an update to correct that issue, and it'll solve it for some people then probably figure out what's wrong.

Sadly Andy63 No carrier tech help will be able to solve all phone problems and can only do basic troubleshooting.  Only the manufacturer can actually do more, but they'll readily pass the buck, and people buy into the fact the carrier has something to do with it because of it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ScandalousFrog, having that connection up and running is certainly important to all of us. You have been working very hard to ensure that the Wi-Fi is doing what it needs to and we appreciate all of your work. As I am anxious to get you those answers, I have done some research as well. Samsung is indeed in the mix and has specifically asked that you try the connection with the phone on Safe Mode. Please advise of the result.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ScandalousFrog

Loren,

Have tried safe mode previously, even after wiping the phone back to factory... does not make a difference.  Have tried resetting multiple caches, rolling back the updates on both my play store, and play store services, removed and re-added my Google account, reset my Netgear C6300 gateway and ensured it had up to date firmware.  I have tried on the property management's wifi, no luck.  Spoke with Cox communication, no luck.  Spoke to Netgear, no luck.  Spoke to Samsung before who had me go through standard troubleshooting, had my ticket elevated and then was told by elevated support that since the phone was connected to the wi-fi and that since my browser was working that it was not their problem.  Was told the same thing by Google.  At least you all took down my info when I spoke to a rep the other day that said it was being elevated.  Seems no simple or standard troubleshooting technique is going to make a difference here.  Refuse to use the workarounds (DNS changer app, or the IPv6 disable as that will just cause more issues in the long run).  Glad to get a response here though as well.

-ScandalousFrog

0 Likes