Re: Samsug Galaxy S7 Rapid Battery Drain After April 2019 Software Update (G930VVRS9CSC1)
Shel2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have updated all my apps and thought the battery drain had slowed but I am still having to charge every 10 hours or so and leave charging over night or battery will be dead in morning.  Seems like still excessive battery drain given I am ONLY using it for maybe 8 texts a day and nothing else!  Not for phone, no Waze, no email.  Any ideas for next steps?

0 Likes
Re: Samsug Galaxy S7 Rapid Battery Drain After April 2019 Software Update (G930VVRS9CSC1)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shel2, We rely on our phones heavily so we understand the importance of having a battery that lasts. Keep in mind the age of the phone will have an impact on your battery. The phone was manufactured over three years ago and the battery will not last as long as it did when the phone was new. We suggest enabling the battery saver mode. For details, http://spr.ly/6603E5Jet

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here, safe mode didn't make a difference,  this is not acceptable.  If Verizon is not able to help, who should I contact?

Scott4690
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm experiencing the same thing. I'm now having to charge the phone during the day which was never necessary unless I was using it a lot  Since the April 2019 forced update it needs charging everyday during the day. Whatever they did they can undo. 

Shel2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been using the MID Power Saving Mode since I got the phone. 

But I have good news -- I made NO other changes (that I am aware of)  since updating the apps a few days ago... and after that I still experienced the Android System using 35% or more and the battery drain continuing so that the phone would go dead overnight if not plugged in. But as of two days ago, now the Android System is back to using a modest 2%.  I am able to charge the phone in the morning and it lasts into the next day.  It hasn't been going dead after only 12 hours.   Can't explain it but wanted to let you know.

0 Likes
mdcclark
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine magically healed itself today after some recent app updates. Verizon’s messages was one of the updates. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Scott4690, and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We're here to assist you further with any questions, or concerns you have regarding your Samsung Galaxy S7 and it's performance. Have you by chance performed any troubleshooting steps on your S7 since this has started to happen? AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great! I'm happy to see your device is back up and running properly. If you ever need us in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Thanks for being a valued Verizon Wireless customer. ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
Kellymac34

Curious if anyone has had luck after doing ALL the steps and finally the device reset?  Not going to bother doing all this is if it too does not work.

0 Likes
mdcclark
Enthusiast - Level 1

As of a couple of days sgo it suddenly reverted back to the short battery life.

There have been numerous updates to various apps so difficult to ascertain which one may have caused it.